thirty five - epilogue

Comincia dall'inizio

when all hugs were given and stories were told, she abruptly rose to her feet and stomped over to the front desk. she spoke softly to the woman behind the counter, waiting as she typed into the computer and eventually pointed down the hall and quietly said a room number.

alexis, as they had learnt her name at that point, walked back over and dragged them by their hands down the hall. she pulled them into a room and sat them down, turning to the doctor and confidently saying "this beautiful couple here are going to have my baby" she pointed to the two gobsmacked men. "I don't need any papers or forms or applications to look through, I want them to have this baby" she said again and the doctor nodded her head.

she pulled out a pile of papers, silently splitting them up and grabbing three pens. she wordlessly hands half to alexis and puts the other half next to her and jists harry and louis over. "I wish everyone was that easy" she says with a chuckle as the two boys scoot their chairs over. in big bold letters read 'BABY ADOPTION' on the top of the page. tears flooded out of harry's eyes as louis grasped the pen in his hand to start filling it all out.

then over the next six months (alexis was already three months into her pregnancy) the three of them spent a lot of time together. she'd come over for dinner a lot and they even dedicated the spare room for her use until they had to start making a nursery for their baby girl. she even helped paint the room, them all agreeing on a bright yellow to fill the walls while zayn paints green fields and sunflowers all over.

they bought curtains with sunflowers patterned all over and placed teddy's and dolls of all different varieties around the room. pink and grey join yellow all over the floors and decorations, making an aesthetic and calm atmosphere for the baby. alexis took quite the amount of control with the room, louis and harry letting her because that's one of the ways they can think to repay her.

she's become a cruicial member of their little group, befriending gigi very easily and even matching hannah up with a few girls. funny isn't it? hannah and liam both finding they love a different gender to the one they once dated.

hannah realised she was a lesbian her first year of uni, findind herself deeply in love with her housemate who reciprocated those feelings. it lasted a few years, them almost getting engaged but deciding against it because of feelings depricating. they ended easily with little heartbreak, still being distant friends who call every once in a while. currently, she's in between girlfriends, enjoying single life but also longing for a girlfriend she can make a lifelong partner.

liam and niall have been married for a whole year a month after the baby's birth, never once breaking their love. they've chosen to wait a little before having a child, having also waited to get married because of the sheer expense of a wedding. for now they will indulge in spoiling harry and louis' baby and being the cool uncle's along with zayn.

zayn and gigi, however, did have a fault a few years ago, deciding on breaking up but it only lasting a few months because neither could move on. zayn was completely broken, only louis knowing the full expanse of his pain because he seeked comfort in the smaller lad the most. gigi spent many nights crying to hannah, not leaving her own home without the hand of hannah's in hers. the months they spent apart they were hardly seen, only spoken to through their phones while the rest of their freinds worried like hell. after five months they were shoved into a room together and both broke down in tears, hugging each other for dear life. they used it as a learning opportunity, knowing now that they are with the love of each other's life's. both deciding against marriage, it being 'too much of a hassle' in gigi's words, they moved straight to children. now raising a rowdy two year old girl, chloe, and a baby boy mason, only a few months older than harry and louis' baby.

harry rocked back and fourth, watching as the baby girl in his arms slowly blinked in and out of exhausted slumber. harry turned to his husband with teary eyes, leaning slightly to bait louis into a kiss. they shared a sweet peck as the baby released harry's finger and laid her hand down on her belly.