five

**louis' POV**

I only share one lesson with harry, that being maths, so I won't be seeing him until last lesson. right now it's the middle of lunch meaning we only have fifth lesson left. I'm sitting with zayn on a bench just outside of the school grounds, eating a mcdonald's he went to get during his free lesson.

unfortunately for zayn, he has to listen to me ramble on about harry like I have been all day, but right now, I don't care. I'm seeing him in less than twenty minutes, I'm allowed to be excited.

"do you think he'll need my help again? what if he completely ignores me? oh zayn now I'm really nervous. what if h-" "LOUIS! stop stressing. he won't ignore you, he clearly likes you, whether it be more than a friend or not, but stop stressing yourself over it. you'll be fine" zayn interupts me and quickly reassures me, effectively stopping me from stressing about the lesson.

zayn's like that. he can easily calm me down like no one, except my mum, can. I love him and I'm so happy he has stuck with me, even through me coming out. but wait. did he say harry likes me?

"what? harry doesn't like me. at least not like that" I answer him and watch as rolls his eyes. "okay lou, whatever you say" he lets out a small breathy laugh before his eyes focus on someone behind me. I turn to see who he's looking at and I notice a blonde girl with her friends not focusing on their conversation, but rather...zayn?

"oh who's that Z?" I shove his arm slightly and watch him go bright red. he shakes his head and looks down, a huge smile splitting his face in half. I turn back and see the girl is also looking away, with a smile matching zayn's.

"you like her don't you? zayn you so have a crush on her. you should ask her out" I tease him while he shakes his head. "no, no I couldn't, she's way out of my league and she'd say no" he lets a small frown appear on his face and I can't help but let my mouth fall open. "out of your league? out of your league? zayn what are you on lad? first off you are literally crafted by the gods, I'm jealous of your future girlfriend to be honest, and second, she is blushing and smiling and staring at you, so I highly doubt she'd say no" I conclude my small speech with a nod of my head and a pat on zayn's shoulder.

"really? do you think I should try?" he nervously asks and fiddles with the end of his tie. "of course Z, she'd be stupid to say no to you" I pull him in by his shoulders and give him a friendly man hug. he smiles at me before widening his eyes in the direction of the girl. I turn to look and see her approaching us with her folder clutched tightly to her chest.

"hi zayn" she softly says, her voice running like honey through the air. "hi gigi" zayn answers and I quietly excuse myself, giving them space and happy I now know her name. I head back into the school grounds and make my way slowly to maths, timing it that if I walk slow enough, I'll be just a little early.

**niall's POV**

here we go. phew, okay I'm good I can do this. it's just asking a girl out. a really hot girl that I've been crushing on since year seven, no big deal. I'm so nervous, I don't know what to say, or how she'll react. no I can't do this.

"niall! are you okay?" harry's soothing voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "yeah, yeah I'm fine why do you ask?" I try to stop my hands from trembling and direct the heat, that is set on staying in my head, to go somewhere else. "you're shaking like a leaf and your face is red. niall you're just asking her out, the worst she could say is no" harry pats my shoulder and gives me his sincere eyes.

"but this is lily haz, I've liked her for ages. she can do so much more than a mere no" I drop my head between my shoulders. "niall, stop doing this to yourself. you're thinking too much and that's never good for you" that comment earns harry a slight punch in the arm and a chuckle from me.

before I can say anything else, harry is pushing me towards the small group of girls standing by the lockers. "go, do it now before you can back out, again" I flip him off before striding over to them, not letting myself think about how nervous I am.

"lily, c-can I uhh talk to you? alone?"

**liam's POV**

another day of waiting in the library for hannah to meet me here. we sit in here monday's and friday's, spending lunch together. we've missed a few of these, and we've been spending less and less time together. but I'm sure that's just exam stress. we'll be fine. right?

**harry's POV**

liam's got a girlfriend, niall just asked lily out, I don't really care about the crappy "relationships" the other boys have. they only last a month at most and revolve purely around sex, so I'm definitely not jealous of any of them.

I really want to ask louis out, but I know he'll say no. he doesn't even know I'm gay, so that would be quite the surprise for him. I'm over the moon that I've actually spoken to him and been with him alone, after school, but I can't help but want more with him.

I want to go on dates with him, kiss his pretty thin lips, hold his delicate little hands and squeeze his tiny waist. I want more with him and I am going to really try to get it, because I know there is something there, I just need to get him to realise.

it's almost the end of lunch so I need to head to maths. maths. I used to hate that pointless lesson, but now, I love it. and I know it's because of a certain blue-eyed boy.

*~*~*~*~*

A/N
an insight into zayn, liam and niall's lives to see a little something about them. next chapter is back to larry so don't worry  <3
- S