Three

Gloss is dragged back in, angry red spots and small cuts littering over his upper body. They throw him inside and then open my door. I slowly get to my feet, raise my chin up and walk towards them. They handcuff me again, but I elbow each in their stomachs when they try to grab me and they let me walk by myself after that. Not that I could flee somewhere. And as the door opens, Johanna passes me, but I do not see wounds on her body. Maybe because of her hospital gown. In the other room are two more peacekeepers and the President.

"Do you not have more important things to handle?", I scoff as they force me into a metal chair.

"Feisty as ever Miss Moreno."

I just glare at him.

"Where are the rebels hiding?"

"I don't know."

My hands get strapped to the chair, so do my feet.

"Who planned the extraction from the arena?"

"Not me, obviously"

"Who came up with the lighting tree plan?"

"I would guess the gamemakers who aren't with you anymore."

"Where are the rebels hiding?"
I roll my eyes. "I do not know."
Snow nods his head and a fist collides with my cheek.

I move my jaw, a small crack ringing out as it sets back into place.

"I will ask you again. Where are the rebels hiding?"

"I don't know."

Another hit.

"You know that hitting me isn't going to put knowledge into my brain right?", I scoff and there is another hit.

So it goes on. Snow asks a question. I answer with: "I don't know" and a sarcastic comment here and there.

Then they put on brass knuckles and the sarcastic comments grow fewer, the cuts become more.

But my glare doesn't falter. Not after 2 hours, when they unstrap me and I walk back to my cell, hurting with every step.

They exchange me for Peeta. And then we wait. I use the bathroom and go back into the corner to Gloss, who looks even worse than before, the angry red hits now turning blue and purple.

"They will kill me with boredom before anything else", I grumble as I sit down once more and I get Gloss to chuckle, while Johanna still ignores our presence.

Peeta returns, just as beat up as the rest of us and after some more time water bottles are rolled in and a small bowl with...something. Some mush that's grey and looks disgusting.

I don't want to starve to death, but then again, it could be poisoned. Same as the water. But what use would we have dead?

So I grab the food as well as the plastic spoon and start eating.

At first, the others send me strange looks, but when I don't drop dead, they eat too.

The night is the same as the other. The few minutes in between the blaring sirens I sleep, dreaming of Finnick, pressed up against the bars, holding Gloss's hand.

The next three days resemble the first, beatings and questions. We get water, but no food. But this morning it is different. There aren't the usual two, but eight peacekeepers and they don't drag us this time but escort us out a different door than usual. And then we are in a room that reminds me of the photoshoots I did.

Folding chairs in front of mirrors, prep teams, make-up and clothes on racks.

My prep team consists of two people. A red-haired woman in her thirties and a dark-skinned male with grey eyes and blue accent tattoos.