chapter ➊➍

(again I reccomend listening to the song above^ while reading the chapter, I pictured listening to this song while
I was writing it thanks guys)

Brooklyn's POV

"you what!" luke stared in shock.
"yeah luke I-" I started to get up a little in panic.
I remembered everything.
there was so much I had to get figured out.
"what are you doing?"
he put his hand on my shoulder, "brooke you are okay now."

"no no you see you dont understand I-I have to go and tell my mom and I need to see my old room... luke i have to go"
I don't even know why I said that i just couldn't handle all of the pressure and what was happening now.
"no please let me come with you brooke you just barely got released and i have been having a great time."

"luke...."I looked up at him. "please just let me do this on my own."

"okay." he whispered.

we both got in the car.
"so you want to be driven to your house right."

"uh ya ya that would be great thanks.. luke this doesnt have anything to do with you.. i just-" i stuttered a little. "i just have to get these things sorted out on my own. i need help luke. i finally remember why i did it."

we made it to the house by the time I finished talking.

"okay I understand. but can you answer me one simple question..."

"sure"

luke continued, "why did you do it?"

"do what." I knew exactly what he meant but I just wanted to hear him say it out loud.

"try to kill yourself... was your life really that bad... i couldn't save you. thats what pains me the most. out of everything that has happened. i wish i was able to save you. but-"

i cut luke off right there,"but I was already too far gone to be saved luke. I couldn't be saved.... luke i had been self harming for a while and i couldn't take all the suffering anymore. im sorry luke i know Chelsea is your girlfriend but I hate her luke. she treated me like i didn't even matter.. and I guess I let her treat me that way, i didn't tell anyone i tried not to care but it got worse and with my mom getting drunk, and you on top of it all.... it was enough to set me over the edge."

"it was my fault..."

"luke it wasn't your fault, i just was jealous I guess, i don't know, seeing you with someone i hated just pissed me off."

"i should have broken up with her when i had the chance.... but just to let you know. i broke up with her while you were in the hospital still."

i was actually really surprised. i thought luke loved Chelsea.

"really?" i looked at him.

"i did it for you brooke... its because i love you brooke and me and chelsea were never good for each other."

I let a smile slip.

"c-can i see." he motioned towards my wrists.

I trusted luke. I really did. I just was not sure if I wanted to see my scars.

"uh." but I did. I rolled up my sleeve a little bit where they were showing.

it has been so long since i have actually recognized them and knew what they were from.

luke picked up my wrist and gently kissed it.
"please never hurt yourself. im here now. and I will always be here.... i promise."

"thanks luke." i hopped out of the door "does that answer your question?" and then went to my front door.