epilouge

Brooklyn's POV:

*10 months later*

"we are gathered here today on this beautiful afternoon to join these two amazing people in holy matrimony."

that's all i heard as we were both gazing into each other's eyes holding hands.

"now luke robert hemmings, do you take brooklyn grace marie to be your wife, your partner in life, and your one true love? will you cherish her friendship and love her today tommorow, and forever? will you trust her and honor her, laugh with her, and cry with her? will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?

"i do" luke answers

"and brooklyn grace marie, do you take luke to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?

"i do" I say

"i now pronounce, you man and wife, you may kiss the bride."

and right then luke kissed me and that is a moment I would never forget.

and this is one of those moments I have that I am thankful to be alive. to be married.

i don't know what i would do without him.

luke.

shelby came over to me. she looked beautiful as the bridesmaid, "I'm so happy for you brooke, you've come such a long way. good job."

she hugged me and i took it all in because it was truly the best day of my life.

my mom came around to also hug me, "im so happy for both of you guys! here's to a great future."

and you know who i saw. my therapist.

she walked over to me, "look at you, all grown up, married! that's amazing. you are a true inspiration brooklyn and i hope everyone sees that"

"thank you so much."

------

the wedding was slowly wrapping up as i tossed the bouquet.

and Charlotte caught it.

guess you would have never guessed that after graduation the girl Charlotte came up to me and told me how amazing my speech was and that she's so happy for me

she's now one of my bestfriends.

but now everything is at peace.

everything that's ever happened to me prepared me for this moment.

and i had to live to see this moment and it's here and i cannot be more grateful, next to my bestfriend for life now, luke has always been there for me and he's the one that i can always be for now.

today marked the best day of my life
one year clean
and happy

completely happy.

luke kissed me once more for at that moment we both knew this is exactly what we both wanted.

and in that exact moment I realized that
I'm alive.
not just living anymore
but i am finally alive.

and you know what.

it feels pretty great to be alive.