chapter ➊➌

Brooklyn's POV

I was so shocked to what luke had just said. I was blushing. even after everything that has happened. luke still actually likes me.
wow.
luke smiled at me ,"let's go sit on the grass."
"okay." I reply since at this point I would do anything,
"hold on." he opened the back of the car and grabbed a guitar case, "alright now let's head to the grass" he laughed.
"what do you always need to take your guitar everywhere that you go" I rolled my eyes while laughing.
"only for the most important occasions."
I smiled then nudged him, "jeez you are so freaking cheesy you know that."
he bit his lip. "maybe just a little..."

we were out around the field now in the park. it was grassy but the grass was perfectly normal not damp, or dry. perfectly normal. but it was beautiful out here, the sun wasn't perfectly shining on us but it was warm enough. it was like a movie scene. except this was real. I am real.

"so are you actually going to do anything with that guitar or did you just take it to look cool."

he just looked amused and laughed, "I didn't just come here without a plan you know , I actually did prepare for this."

he had such a way with words.

"continue."

"okay so since I now know that you like blink I'm going to play this lovely song for you called I miss you."

"oh god this is going to be extremely cheesy isn't it?"

"just enjoy it."

he started to strum the guitar in a beautiful rhythm pattern.
his focus was on what he was playing but yet he was looking at me.
"hello there, the angel from my nightmare the shadow in the background of the morgue the unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley we can live like jack and sally if we want where you can always find me and we'll have halloween on christmas and in the night we'll wish this never ends we'll wish this never ends."

his voice was so crisp and perfect. he was playing what he loved. his mind was completely at peace. and so was mine.

then when the chorus came. something happened.

"don't waste your time on me you're already the voice inside my head.. I miss you I miss you. don't waste your time on me you're already the voice inside my head... I miss you I miss you."

the lyrics they were so familiar I got another flash of memory at that exact moment.
it was a memory of one of the times me and luke were hanging out we looked pretty young probably grade 9 at the youngest. it looked like it was lukes house but he was playing the guitar... he was playing I miss you. we were both singing along. we looked so happy... then he gazed into my eyes and was about to kiss me when he got a phone call. then the memory stopped.

when the memory stopped. the song stopped and luke was done.
he smiled ,
"that was dedicated to you Brooke."
he did half a smile ,"I know you don't remember but, I do love you brooke and all the times we have spent together. I have missed you. I have missed you so so much when I heard that you-you" he stuttered. "tried to commit suicide. I didn't know what to do anymore , I couldn't think straight. I couldn't handle it."

he looked at me dead in the eye.

"it has taken me 4 years to find out how to say this but after everything I finally know. I love you brooklyn."

he got closer to me as he pressed his soft lips against mine.
I didn't know what to do at first but then I kissed back.
after we both finished luke looked at me like he was waiting for some kind of reply.

right then I looked at him. and more memory's came fading back into my mind.
chelsea.
Shelby.
my mom.
self harming.
wanting to commit suicide.
everything just flashed before my eyes.

my head started to hurt.

I looked deep into lukes piercing blue eyes and breathed out.

"I remember...."

a/n: I honestly thought this chapter was going to end up being longer but it didn't oh 🐳 , anyway I have some more ideas I will use for this , I'll also try to update at least every other day, thanks for reading guys xx