Pancakes- K.Sj

Seokjin lugged his luggage inside the dim house and closed the door, setting Rj down on his trolley, removing his earphones, looking around for his love.
She'd usually be waiting for him at the door or run up to him the moment she heard it open. But today she was nowhere to be seen.
He glanced at his watch.
9:30 pm
Too late to be out the house, especially since she knew he would be back.

His eyes went wide when he realised the only other possibility, kicking his shoes off as his steps quickened, his heart beating out of his chest.

"JAGI!! WHERE ARE YO-" he stopped mid-sentence when he spotted her dancing in the living room, by the windows, her headphones on, her arms close to her body as she danced in tiny. 

Like she was afraid she'd knock something down if she moved too much.

Seokjin placed his hand on his chest to calm himself down as he leaned against the wall, watching her as she bobbed her head, her back facing him as she walked in tiny steps, occasionally belting out a very off-key rendition of the song she was listening to, making him stifle a laugh.

He stood by and waited, his arms crossed, an endearing smile on his face as she did her awkward little dance around the living room before she turned around and jumped back, a smile replacing the shock on her face.
"JIN! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STANDING THERE?!" she yelled as he walked up to her, tapping his ear.

She removed her headphones, tapping on her phone so that soft music now played on the sound system.
She looked at him with a grin before walking up to him, letting herself be wrapped in a bear hug.

"I missed this...I missed you..." Jin said as he rested his forehead on hers, both of them swaying gently to the music.

"Same here big guy," she said as she kissed his forehead, "No, but seriously, you scared me!"

"I scared YOU? Imagine the confusion I felt when you didn't show up at the door and I didn't hear a single sound in the house-"
She shut him up with a peck on his lips, making him giggle, before breaking the hug, intertwining his fingers with hers.

He tilted his head and chuckled, "Have you picked up songs from Taehyung's playlist?

She punched his arm and said, "you know I've always liked old slow dance songs,"

He tugged at her hand, pulling her close, her hands on his chest as she looked at him in alarm.

"Dance with me then~," he said as he placed his hands on her hips, making her blush

They moved to the rhythm worldlessly, her eyes on the floor, making sure she didn't step on his feet.

"Hey?" He whispered

"Look at me, love. It's been ages since I've looked into your eyes properly,"

She looked up to find him looking at her with such tenderness that it was overwhelming.

"Oh and know one thing..." He whispered

"Hmm?"

"Know that-" he threw his head back, singing  "🎶Ay! You never dance alone!🎶"  Before breaking the hug, clutching his stomach as he laughed while she stood in front of him, confusion turning to amusement,

"KIM SEOKJIN WHAT THE FU-"
He shut her up this time with a kiss that made her melt in his hands.

"You dork,"

"What's for dinner then?"

"I don't know. I couldn't decide, so I waited for you"

"What do we have?" Seokjin said as he walked towards the cupboard where they kept the aprons

"Honey, why don't you freshen up and go get changed after that flight. I'll cook. What are you feeling?" She said as she leaned against the counter next to him.

Seokjin thought for a couple of seconds before answering,

"Pancakes"

"What-"

"You heard me. I'm feeling like pancakes-"

"At 10:30 in the night. Are you sure?" She asked, an eyebrow raised.

Jin nodded with a smile before walking to their room, dragging his trolley bag behind him.

She watched as he disappeared into the house, chuckling as she tied up her hair again, picking out an apron.

"Pancakes it is..."

....

She swiftly flipped the second pancake as Seokjin walked back into the kitchen, sitting on the counter, his legs dangling above the floor.

"Here you go," she said as she slid a plate towards him.
He took it with a smile before placing it to his side, sliding off the counter, jogging out the room, "I've got just the thing to make this better!"

Her eyes widened when he walked back in with a bottle of champagne.

"SIR-"

"Whatever you have to say, you know I won't listen to you~," he said matter of factly as he placed the bottle on the counter, taking out the champagne flutes.

She placed the last pancake on his plate, adding his favourite fixings, which consisted of maple syrup and butter with a dash of whipped cream, before turning back to him.

Jin was standing there in his oversized hoodie and shorts, wet hair, a champagne bottle in his hand.

"Wait a minute. Stand right there!" She said as she pulled out her phone, clicking pictures as Jin posed, sometimes goofy, sometimes dashing before he took the phone from her hands and replaced it with a glass.
He popped open the bottle, filling both their glasses, both of them sitting on the kitchen counter, next to each other.

"This is why I told you, a dining table is a useless investment," Jin said in between bites, waving his fork.

She laughed, only to choke on a crumb, leading to a coughing fit, making Jin laugh as he handed her the glass of champagne.

He wiped his tears before wiping her's, a stupid grin on his face as she looked at him in annoyance.

"I hate you so much~," she said as she poured herself another glass of champagne

"I love you too, Princess," he said with a wink as he continued to stab his fork into the pancakes.

"Slow down, you're going to get a tummy ache"

Jin shovelled the rest of the pancake in his mouth, looking at her with a smug smile, making her roll her eyes.

He raised his glass, prompting her to raise her own, the clink echoing in the empty house. They proceeded to take the bottle and walk out into the patio facing the backyard, dragging the chairs closer before sitting down.

They emptied the bottle as Seokjin recounted tales from his trip, making her snort every couple of seconds as he laughed with her.

They then sat in a reflective silence, their hands interlocked, the cool breeze playing with their hair with the tinkle of the windchime being the only other sound...