Dance around- J.Hs

A/N:

This one is inspired by the song, "Dance around" by Carobae.
Soft uwu FLUFF-

My definite fallback when I have writer's block😭.

hope you like it...

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Oh, I've never-" Hoseok thought a minute, the alcohol fogging his thoughts, "I've never slow danced-"

You raised an eyebrow as you slowly set down your half-filled glass of wine as Hoseok's attention shifted back to his crystal glass, mesmerised by the golden liquid.

"Really?", you asked incredulously, Hobi's eyes focusing on your face, a lopsided smile as he nodded his head decisively, "Never. The boys don't really count-" he hiccuped, covering his mouth with a sheepish smile as you chuckled, "Do they?"

"No, the boys definitely don't count," you said, your voice barely a whisper.

"Why don't we just," you said as you stood up, "Dance around?"

Hoseok took one look around the dimly lit living room, "Well, we don't have any space here-" 

He stood up, grabbing his phone from the centre table before extending his arm out to you, "Shall we?"

You felt your cheeks heat up as you took his hand and walked to the balcony. He held your hand lightly while he tapped on his phone with the other, 

"Stupid fingerprint scanner- Why doesn't it work when I want it to?!" he said, prompting you to take it from his hand, typing in his password.

"There should be a slow dance playlist on there," he said, his hand rubbing the back of his neck as your face broke into a smile. You clicked it and set the phone down on one of the lounge chairs, the muted music playing from the speakers in the living room.

Cool breeze ruffled his hair and blew stray tendrils off your face, lights from the living room casting a hazy glow over both of you, the city below adding a blue hue to the entire scene.

He raised his hands, hovering them around your form, confusion and shyness getting the best of him as chuckled nervously, "I-"

You take his hands and guide them to your waist, proceeding to place your hands on his shoulders. He stiffened, looking at your face, smiling warmly when he saw you grin at him.

You heard the opening guitar of "Dance around" by Carobae play and you almost laughed out loud at the circumstances you were in.

Here you were with Hoseok, someone you fell for hopelessly a couple of weeks back, burying every shred of your feelings under the blanket of *This is nonsense; He's just a friend;*

Every sway of your bodies, shattering every ounce of doubt in your mind

Cementing your feelings like slowly drying concrete

You were in love with Jung Hoseok, whether you liked it or not

You looked up at him, a gentle smile on his lips as he met your eyes, pulling you slightly closer.

You looked away, distracting yourself by the twinkling lights of the city below, the wind rustling the fabric of your clothes, playing with your hair.

So you swayed, mindlessly, your feet moving in sync with his. 

Second nature. That's what it felt like.

Like it was meant to be

No

Bury it down. Bury it deep.

You can't lose him too.

So you looked back up at him, trying to not think any more 

"What?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper

You shook your head with a smile

He bent down, leaning into your ear, "You shouldn't make the decision alone, you know?" he whispered as the song faded out

"What?" you breathed

He hesitantly raised his hand up to your face, brushing hair off your cheek, delicately tucking it behind your ear.

"I like you too... Heck, I think I love you-"

"What?" you asked again, tearing up now

"I love you, Y/n. I thought I was being obvious all this time but turns out, you're dense-" he said as he lightly knocked your head with an airy laugh

"You said, like you too- I didn't say anything-"

"You're not denying it either though-" he said as he pulled you closer, his face inches from your own, "May I?"

You closed the gap, taking him by surprise, feeling him smile into the kiss.

"I guess that settles it," he said as you rested your head on his chest, butterflies in your stomach.

"Yes. I guess that does settle it," you said, looking up at him with a grin, "Wait- Did you practice for this?" 

"You said the boys didn't count!"

"Who was it, who was it??"

"Yoongi hyung," Hoseok whispered, making you burst out laughing, 

"How did you even convince him?"

"I didn't have to. Now that I think about it, he was.... eager,"

You snorted as Hobi shook with laughter too, both of you looking at the city below, arms wrapped around each other.

"That man is WHIPPED for you," you said, wiping a tear off the corner of your eye.

He turned you around, your arms on his chest to steady yourself, eyes wide in alarm

"I hope he isn't the only one,"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N

If my S/O doesn't slow dance with me on a whim, I don't want it✋