Chapter 18

Lorenzo

She walked away from me! "Dannazione! Damn!"

What did I expect? For her to run to me and throw herself in my arms? Ha! That would have been too easy, right?! Running my hand through my hair, I look around to see the curious looks of the restaurant patrons. Walking back to my table, I throw enough money onto the table to cover my night's expenses and walk out the restaurant. I tuck my hands in my pants and started to walk. I needed to clear my head.

My head was heavy, I felt like my mind was going round in circles trying to figure out my next step. Do I go to her hotel and demand a conversation with her? Yes, I know the hotel she is staying at,  I had my assistant locate her. Or do I let her sleep tonight, maybe the shock of seeing me tonight will wear off by morning and she will actually be willing to listen to me.  By the time I lifted my head, I found myself standing outside her hotel, looking up.

Did I lose her completely? pulling my hair some more, I angrily mutter to myself - "Hell No! No!rifiutano di essere sconfitti! " . I exhale and straighten my spine. Essere un uomo, Lorenzo!  So I made a mistake of not treating her right, of comparing her to my ex- girlfriend. I was ... I am afraid of what I'm feeling for her but I have not become a wealthy, powerful man by giving up so easily. You, my Jasmin will be mine, rest assured. Tomorrow is a new day and I intend to make the most of my opportunity to fix my mistake with Jasmin.

My goal is to win her back and I don't like to lose. With a contented heart and mind, finally set on a firm course of action, I take one last look at the hotel.  I turn to head back to my hotel and get ready for tomorrow.

rifiutano di essere sconfitti - I refuse to be defeated

essere un uomo - be a man

hey guys, thanks for sticking by me with this story. I know it was short but I'm getting my 'mojo' back slowly but surely.

Feel free to comment and vote.

I also want to thank 787ralexis for her words of encouragement which helped motivate me to start writing again.