Chapter 16

Waking up in Venice, did not disappoint. It was refreshing to look out my hotel room onto the Venetian canal and the many boats traversing the lagoon. I felt so fortunate. I quickly got dressed and headed down for the hotel breakfast where I met up with Margaret again. Breakfast was a loud affair with all the members engaging with each other , it was broken up with the tour director reminding us that we had two tours today -(i) to a glass blowing factory and the other (ii) a store that specialized in high quality hand made Venetian masks. I was excited for both.

The glass blowing trip was fantastic, the skill it took to manage the heat, rolling the glass and blowing the glass into a shape worth buying was amazing. I found myself so enthralled with the man performing the demonstration ( and it didn't hurt that he was good looking as well!) that I ended up buying two glass products - a vase and an abstract shape, almost like a ballerina dancer twirling around.

We moved onto the tour of the Venetian mask factory and again I was blown over. Margaret and I both bought a handmade Venetian mask. Mine had a beak like shaped nose and decorated with feathers, while Margaret chose on that was embossed with Satin around the face area. It was a fun-filled day.

We headed back to the hotel to relax and get ready for dinner at a hotel located close to the Rialto Bridge. I was so looking forward to dining under the stars in Venice. 

Dinner was an elegantly casual affair and everyone made the effort to wear something nice to match the occasion. I was dressed in a black leather pants, a green top and a black jacket to 'jazz' up the outfit. We walked  to the restaurant, enjoyed the three courses, filled with Italian favorites. It was well worth the effort, the entertainment was great as well. Sipping a half filled glass with red wine, I lazily looked around the restaurant and my eyes glanced upon a familiar face. Startled, I looked back and my eyes met with familiar piercing grey eyes. Was it him?

My eyes must be deceiving me! I stared and there was no mistaking the eyes, the strong jaw etched into his handsome face. A face I would recognize anywhere. Tingles began to run up my back. What the hell is he doing here?!! Lorenzo is here!!!

 What the hell is he doing here?!! Lorenzo is here!!!

Lorenzo & Jasmin are reunited!! I'm so excited

Don't forget to comment and vote