Chapter 8

JASMIN

Damn, Lorenzo is a man of his word. He pulled up in front the hotel at exactly 1 o'clock, in a grey fancy looking car that just screamed wealth and got out , giving the keys to the valet with strict instructions to take care of his car or else. My eyebrows raised at the "or else" part.

But I was distracted by his physique, if you know what I mean. He was a hunk of a man! He was wearing a white shirt rolled up to his elbows that showed how very muscular he was. I felt the shirt would burst at the seams in a Hulk re-enactment. He was so ripped!

Those shoulders then tapered into what I could only guess was a six pack. The jeans was so fitted, it left me guessing as to how he put them on. Even his legs showed that he was well built. Damn, I swear I was drooling.

"So, are you finished leering at me? " He asked in a sexy voice that sent thrills to my core

"I was not leering, I was merely observing" I tried to say without sounding breathless.

He laughed, "Right, let me wipe the drool from your chin, then"

"Why you....."

"You look very beautiful and stylish as well, mio amore. I will definitely have to fight the males off". He gave a small chuckle that had his chest moving in a way that has me spell bound. And of course he knew the effect he had on me by the small smile on those luscious lips. Yes, I said luscious lips!

  Then he simply said, "Glad to see you wore comfortable shoes. Let's go!"

We spent the day visiting the the architectural sites of Ancient Rome which included the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Capitoline Hill. Lorenzo was unsurprisingly well connected since he had the tickets for the various sites and we were able to bypass all the lines to enter the sites. I felt like a dignitary.

This made me wonder even more who Lorenzo was. Hell, I didn't even know his last name. But I intended to find out a lot more about him by the end of today.

Lorenzo, however, was a gracious host  and tour guide. His knowledge about the historical sites amazed and entertained me. After visiting the sites, Lorenzo took me to a nearby Italian restaurant and again, we were seated in a private booth closer to the windows so we had a fantastic view of the Colosseum as the evening was approaching. Settling down, I let Lorenzo order for us both. His Italian sounded like poetry to my ears and though his voice sent pleasurable shivers down my spine, I shook my head to focus.

As the waiter left, I turned to him, stared directly into his eyes and asked, " So who are you, exactly? I know you're rich, your car, clothes and connections scream money. So who are You?"

He leaned back , looked at me for a minute and then stated, " My name is Lorenzo Bontinelli"

He looked at me as if that should mean something more.

"Ok..... so what do you do for a living? Tell me about yourself, your name is just a start."

"You really don't know who I am ?" he asked in a cautious manner.

"Should I know you?" I thought the conversation was getting a bit weird, actually.

Again he paused and said, "I  oversee various businesses here in Italy, we are a small company but I hope to expand my father's business even further . And since we're at the 'getting to know you phase' you have to answer a few of my questions as well, hmm"

"Fair enough" I agreed. "What do you want to know?"

"What's your name?" he questioned.

"Jasmin  Wright and before you ask, I'm a waitress back in the U.S"

"Hmm.." was all he said as he looked me over once more, but before we could continue our game of twenty questions, the waiter returned with our order and we became engrossed with eating the delicious, authentic Italian food. The meal was heavenly and Lorenzo kept me laughing with funny memories of his childhood while I shared some of my own fond memories of my parents and me - I was an only child.

The meal was over and we were each relaxing over a glass of red wine. Lorenzo looked at me with his piercing grey eyes and asked, "So, how old are you?" causing me to choke a bit on the wine I was sipping.

"What! don't you know you can't ask a woman her age? Especially one you've just met!"

"Don't be mad. I'm 28. A beautiful woman like you should be proud to embrace her age" he stated. That had me pausing and I answered truthfully, "I'm 29, guess I'm the older one here"

He scoffed, "One year, really doesn't make much of a difference. But if it makes you feel any better, I think I'm leaning towards 'older' women" he says with an upturn of his lips.

And I choked on my wine a bit more with him laughing loudly at my discomfort. Damn this man!

 I included a picture of Jasmin's outfit and Lorenzo's car

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please don't forget to vote and comments are welcome!!