-+*Chapter Ten*+-

Daichi's POV

I walk into the classroom today to see Suga, with kids surrounding him. They were all asking questions about where he was yesterday. He was making excuses and telling a lie, saying he had to go to the clinic. He finally looks up at me and greets me with his every day smile. He squeezes past the round of children just to have Mabel hugging him. He quickly hands me the sign in book as he picked up Mabel. He looked okay today.He still looked tired, but he looked better.

"You're here later today." Suga tells Mabel and she smiles, "yeah! Dad let me sleep in!"

"Did he now?" He glances over at me, grabbing the sign in book back, placing Mabel down, "mhm! And he made me breakfast!" He looks at me, furrowing his eyebrows, smiling. I already knew what he was going to ask, "what did he exactly make you?"

"Hmm...what is it called, dad?" Suga looks up at me, he was teasing,"yeah, Mr. Sawamura, what is it called?"

"I thought I wasn't supposed to give personal info to you, Mr. Sugawara." Mabel looks at both of us, shrugging, "I'm going to go, dad! I love you!"

"I love you too." She waves before racing to the other side of the classroom.

"Never answered the question, Daichi."

"Actually, I did." He shakes his head, "I'm your friend, come on! What did you give her? If she gets sick today, I ,at least, want to know why." A friend...I completely forgot.

"It was just simple hot meal..."

"Hot meal? Hot cereal?" I nod he laughs, "well, I'm happy you at least learned to make something." I shake my head and we chuckle, "r-right! You have work! You need to go!"

"I'll see you later." He nods, giving me a smile.

*

*

*

I ended up going to work, resulting to working a little late.

I race over to the daycare and race in, finding my daughter crying while Suga was trying to comfort her. As soon as the door shuts, his attention goes up to me. He whispers something into Mabel's ear before she runs up and hugs me.

"What's going on?" He sighs before shrugging, "she's been like this since the other kids left."

"What happened, Mabel?" She shakes her head, "I-I want to go home..." I pick her up and Suga slides the binder to me. He looked like he knew something...I may be wrong though. Mabel is really close to Suga, so she probably already told him..

As soon as I finish putting my times and signature I hand him back the binder, "are you sure you don't know what's going on?" He nods, "yeah, she just ran to me crying...she's refusing to tell me." She clenches onto my shirt tighter and I get this hint she was telling me, "i'll talk to you late, okay?" He nods, "okay. Goodnight."

"Night." I smile, walking out, "Mabel, honey, will you at least tell me what's wrong...?" She nods, "mhm..."

-Home-

We were finally eating supper, just simple takeout ramen. She still didn't tell me what was wrong, she got better but it was still on her mind. My child doesn't really hide it well.

"What happened today, sweetie?" She looks up at me and sighs aloud, "t-these kids are making fun of me again..." I furrow my eyebrows and put my chopsticks down, "what for?"

"....they think you're replacing mom with Mr. Sugawara...a-and...they said it's gross...but I-I told them...it isn't...but they kept laughing and-" her voice was starting to get quieter and more teary.