Chapter 32

Sophia

"Good that you are here brother" we heard Ricardo as we entered the foyer. As always ignoring my presence he just looked at his brother. God when will I gain his acceptance. I know how important he is to Don and so is for me too. After all he is my family too.

"The kid that Enzo was training for the past three weeks is here. You should meet him before we put him to work" Ricardo told Don and we started moving towards living room. "Is that the same kid who owe us money? What about the other two , you guys could not find them yet?" Don enquired. "No, neither do he has any information on them. He do not have money neither anything that valuable that he could trade off so he made a deal that he will work off his debt." Ricardo told Don. who in their right mind would like to work for Mafia, I thought to myself without letting anyone know my thoughts, still love my life enough to be not dead. "What has Enzo decided to put him into?," Don asked "Well he has knack for drugs but we have trained him for security. But I must say he is way young to be in security. He could do better in drugs" Ricardo told Don.  "No, I am not putting some one to deal drugs who owe me because of it. The addicts can't sell Ric." Don retorted. Now I know who could be more stupid, ofcourse a drug addict. I hated drugs so much. We reached the living room I was greeted by a chirpy squeal "Donna, Its so good to see you back." Alysia and Caprice bear hugged me. I giggled with them and Caprice said dragging me "Come I need all the details" I was excited too, I had so much to share with them. So I turned to stairwell to go upstairs while Don proceeded towards living room.

"Princess!" I heard a voice from behind me as I took the first stair and I halted. I was too shocked to even turn around. Alysia and Caprice who were on a stair ahead of me stopped too looking at my dumbfounded expression. "Donna you okay?" Alysia asked me sensing my increased breathing. I don't know if I am hearing this in real. How could he be here? I held the handrail too tight. I need to gather all my strength to turn around. Once I got my breath back I turned and there he was standing right in front of me. I was stunned. Too stunned to walk. My feet were jammed in their place. It felt like the earth is spinning and I am spinning with it.

"Princess" he said again and I moved towards him. I never thought that I would see him again.

I put out my hands and they were shivering as I touched him. He was here. He is for real. I touched him. His face, his cheeks, his jaw line is more refined now where gone the face fat, I thought. He had the same dark hair but the bangs, I used to tease him about his man bangs, they were gone. He had rather short hair and his dark brown eyes, they are still so innocent. I trailed my hands on his arms. He had strong biceps now I touched his all grown up muscles and I laughed as I cried. He has grown tall a bit. I hugged him. I hugged him so tightly forgetting where I am and who else is here. It was just me and him. The only thing that mattered was that I will never let him go again and I was begging him with my hug to never let me go too. I missed him so much.

"How are you?  Where were you? " I asked him mid of my sobs. "I missed you so much, love. I missed you so much" I was repeating again and again. I cupped his cheek as I broke the hug. I kissed him all over the face. "I missed you so so much, love. I thought I will never see you again" I could see his tears to between his chuckles "I missed you too Princess, so much" he kissed me on both my cheeks and my forehead. I hugged him again. "How are you here?" I asked again breaking the hug and then I realized what he was wearing. No!! This can't be true. He can't be in the uniform every gunman in this house wears. He was wearing a black trousers, with black shirt , black waist coat and tie. It's the uniform of Don's men . "No tell me you are not the one Enzo was training, tell me you are not here to work for Don." His silence gave the reply

"How could you do that? Why are you even here? Weren't you supposed to be at your great high school. Why are you here?" I  bombarded him with questions "Princess listen to me. I got into some trouble, I owe Don and this is the only way I could repay him." He told me so blankly as if it's nothing. "Are you crazy? Are you even listening to yourself? You left me. Remember that . You left me and I let you go so that you could achieve your dreams. This is why you left me, for this?  To become a criminal" I said with disgust. "Oh and you are the moral police now?" He replied taunting me and turning around. I rounded him and stood in front of him. I held him from his elbow making  him look back at me by turning him towards me "What does that suppose to mean?" I asked him. What does he mean? "It means do not judge me when you are no good yourself in holding the moral ground. I left you for my dreams. Those dreams were for our future not just mine. And I came back to you Sophie but you too were not there when I needed you. I left you because you were holding me back. You gave me all the reasons I should stay but I came back to you. But when I came back to you, you were gone with some guy Marc.  And now of all the places you are here, playing house with Don yourself, being the Donna .Yes I decided to pay off my debt by working for Don to save my life, at least  I am not the one popularly known as in the mafia as his puppet." He spit out in anger. I knew what he is referring to . I knew about the hushed whispers where the men calls that the new donna is more of a Don's puppet  and I know that Candy has started this as a way to coming back at me after the party but I didn't mind it because everyone is Don's puppet. But when he said it, it felt like a dagger being drawn to my heart. He said it with such hatred and disgust. I could not control my anger and I slapped him.

"Looks like the blast from the past" I heard Ricardo's sarcastic comment behind me. My eyes went wide and my hand flew to my mouth in realization to what I did. I was too scared right now that I wish the floor could swallow me. How could I forget that Don is here, right here.

I was shaking in fear "Princess you ok..?" he came forward to hold me because of my visible tremble and I stepped back "Stop! Y-You should n-not t-touch me" I said scared of Don. "Oh that ship has sailed Doll, you really should have thought that before" I hear Don behind me and I heard his gun getting loaded. I turned towards him "D-Don I". He was too close to me. He brought up his hand and I closed my eyes anticipating a slap but instead he put a strand of my hair behind my ear and grabbed my hair to bring me closer to him into a hug and whispers into my ear. "How could you be so stupid? You know no one touches you" I whimpered slightly and he stroked my hair and continue "Just because I love you ,  because I've been sweet to you , you think that this part of me is gone? huh, so will you do the honors or shall I pull the trigger" he said low and menacingly, I was breathing fast. "P-please Don" I tried to say with whatever voice left in me "Do you think because I'm in love with you that you can walk all over me? Do you fucking think you could defy me? Really? Fucking really?" His grip tightens so hard that his hug was hurting me now. His grip was portraying his rising temper. "N-No D-don please" I tried to beg as broke the hug and spin me around and walked towards the boy waiting for his impending doom. "Well kid I had some hopes for you but you shouldn't have touched what's mine, this one (he swing me beside him with my elbow) you just mentioned my puppet is mine. No one touches her without my permission. I had to kill you now and trust me for once I wasn't in a mood". He said raising his gun.

"No Don please" I stood in front of him. "You are just making it worse for your self princess" he taunted me. He said princess in a taunt because I asked him not to call me that. He raised his gun at him and I stood unmoving. "I am sorry. It's my fault. I disobeyed you. He didn't know. Please don't kill him." I pleaded to Don, way too scared. "Give me one good reason why I won't" he said taking a step past me. I held his hand to stop him. He glared me at the gesture I tried to look at him and speak  "B-Because, be-because he is my younger brother" I told Don and he looked at me shocked. He slowly put his gun down and I let out the breath I was holding.