Chapter 21

Damon

Its been a week I was settling the scores with Miguel for hiding Russo and sending a hitman to kill my girl.

I knew I was tensed from past few days and I took out that aggression on her every night, and she gave herself to me with all of her without any complaints. I know she thinks its her job. That day in my study she called herself a gift and claimed that I can never understand what she went through. It hurt me to know that she think of herself like a gift, an object that I don't care about enough to feel what she feels. But I didn't feel like that. I didn't think of her as a "gift". She is mine. My girl. How can I think of her as an object or a whore whose feelings doesn't matters, because they do. They matter the most. She mattered the most. I know she is made for me and I believed it. That's why to give her the comfort I planned to take her to beach café for dinner. I wanted her happy, and she was. She was smiling and chatting during the whole dinner. It felt good to see her adjusted. She cooks now and she is really good at it. I didn't remember when have I eaten such good food after mom.

It's good to hear her laughter whenever she is with Alysia or Caprice, when she thinks I am not seeing her. She still fears me a bit, but I kind of love her fear too. The way she stutter or when her eyes go wide thinking she might made a mistake and way she blushed on every compliment I give her or made a dirty comment, her every move ignite the spark of desire in me. Desire for her.

But that bastard thought of ruining our night by sending a pathetic loser to execute his pathetic plan. I jumped on her spinning her with me as I noticed a red dot on her chest, it was matter of seconds for me to locate him and shoot him. My rage knew no bounds how can he even think of going for what's mine. In the fit of anger I didn't realize that the bullet has grazed me and I was bleeding. In a way I am happy I didn't, because then I got to see that she worries for me, she is scared of loosing me. I was not able to open my eyes but I could hear her saying "Damon please don't leave me" and I felt a sense of belongingness, that maybe there can be an angel who could love a devil, and she is mine.

Ric told me when he was keeping me invalid for two days in the bedroom, that she called him to save me. How she was worried when I was unconscious and silently praying. I could see her efforts she was making in taking care of me, but Ric told me what I couldn't see. "Brother, good that you are awake, your Cinderella was being way too anxious for you to come back to your senses." I smiled to myself. I think I have started smiling way too much

But revenge was on my mind. Russo has already took someone from me he will not win again. Never. Moreover, if they know about her that means her safety is at risk too, and I can't be casual about that. I have to kill him and for that he need to come out of whatever hole he is hiding. I need to cut off his allies to drag him out, that's why Miguel needs to be sorted. So I left with Enzo to deal with that rat bastard in Mexico and I did dealt. Miguel surrendered to me in exchange of his life. I left Enzo there for a day more to see that things remain the way we wanted. Enzo will be going to Vegas after this to ensure that nothing is disturbed there due to this feud with Miguel. He is no Don, but he has a strong hold in drug cartels and I  don't want my business or associates to go haywire because of this. Mexico is sorted and I am sure Enzo will take care of Vegas. I on the other hand is missing my Doll too much to go on so I returned a night before we planned.

All I could think of is her, her long hair as they blow with the wind, I noticed she never ties them up since the first time I asked her to let it down saying I liked it that way. I smiled at her innocence. She was so sweet, she must be thinking that I would punish her if she tied them up. Silly girl. I shook my head letting out a laugh. I so wanted to talk to her to listen her voice but my phone battery died, looking at my phone I realized how stupid I am I haven't bought her a phone yet. How will she talk to me if she needed anything or worse if she is in trouble. As my phone came back to life after being plugged in for few minutes I texted Julio to buy a phone and keep it my office.

I cannot believe myself at my excitement. I was getting excited like a 17 year old to see his girlfriend after summer break. Even Ric never behaved liked this. Don, you are 26, you are way too old for this shit, and for God's sake you are Don. Stop drooling over a girl. I scolded myself. I need to keep my focus if I wanted to eradicate Russo, and nothing in this world is more important than that. Russo had to pay just like his whole cartel has paid. He took the person I loved most and he is not getting away with it, even if he spends lifetime hiding from me. I will find him and I will destroy him.

I took my private jet to fly back to NYC and reached home around midnight. I saw a hassle going on, Ric was shouting on Julio. Why was he mad at Julio? I hope Sophia is ok. I reached to the living room "What's all the fuss about?" I asked them. Everything and everyone became silent. No one was speaking anything Caprice was sobbing sitting on the couch, why is Caprice crying? Alysia was all too scared. Julio was looking down at the floor, Ric was flaring anger. "I am asking something, speak up" why is Sophia not here when everyone is? I thought to myself

"B-brother actually" for the first time I hear Ric stutter. "Ric, what happened?" I reached to him "Tell me, what is that you can not tell me, why is Caprice crying? " I asked holding him. "Brother actually, Sophia...um...kind of ran. We are not able to find her" he said rubbing the back of his neck.

I was shocked. How is this possible? She wanted to stay with me, or did she not "What the hell are you talking about? How is this possible?" I asked trying to control before I lash out on Ric which I do not want to do. But I left him incharge, how can she run under his watch. "Julio saw her running towards the woods an hour ago, we kind of searched but couldn't find her. Julio tried calling her too but she kept running" I punched Julio hard on the jaw that he started bleeding. "Were you sleeping? How can she run?" I delivered another punch "I told you not to leave her alone?" I punched him again on is stupidity "What do you mean you called her, if she was running why would she stop when you call her?" and then I punched him again "What the hell are you doing here instead of searching for her?" I growled on both of them "One hour, fucking one hour she is gone and what the fuck you both are doing in the house?" I punched Julio again and this made him fall on the coffee table shattering the glass all around "Brother, calm down, she must be in the woods we were just sending out few men". Ric said straightening Julio.

"Shut up, just shut up" I flipped over a lamp kept on the side table in anger. What does she think of herself I told her not to step outside the house. She think she can escape me. How wrong is she? Wish that you are dead Sophia or so help me God if you are alive, you will regret running from me more than you could ever imagine.

I shrugged Ric away as he tried to hold me and barged outside towards the woods, I will find you my Doll, and when I will, I will take you from yourself forever.