Chapter 75

Sophia

Present day

I heard the door knob turned and I saw him coming inside. NO! I got up from the floor in haste and hid the gun behind me. I know it might sound foolish, but I don't know why I feel that if Damon gets his gun back he will become what he was. I had seen him relish in the kill and I don't want him to surrender to his inner demons and became the same ruthless killer he was.

He came towards me and I took steps backwards.

I was already over the edge. I don't know why but ever since that incident in factory, I just couldn't seem to adjust with violence. It's not like I never saw Damon killing before or torture before but that night it wasn't Damon, it was me. I was scared that I could be a killer too. I killed people with no regrets there. All I felt was anger, no guilt, no remorse, no fear. I did kill Adrien but that was an accident and I never was proud of it. It was a  mistake. But that night it wasn't a mistake. It wasn't an accident. I killed them knowing what I am doing, maybe I justify it with what Damon says that it was my last resort. I did it to save his life but in that moment the look in his eyes told me that even he was surprised to see that Sophia. I don't want to be that Sophia. I don't want Damon to be that Damon either and I sure as hell don't want Laeila to be that ever. And when I saw her today with the gun all I could see was her killing someone.

"Hey..hey relax Doll" he was coming towards me and I can only see the monster that he was. That he used to be. There is a different kind of fear I feel with him right now. Like the fear I felt when the first time I saw him kill. Like he is a stranger. "Don't please" I said stepping back "I am not going to hurt you, just give me the gun, yes?" He said slowly and I shook my head vigorously "No, No" "Doll give me the gun. Relax nothing happened. Hand me the gun" he said stretching his hand "No you will use it" I said. "I won't." He said and I still not able to trust him. He said he won't but what if he do. Like he did. "You did once", I said moving backwards, avoiding his gaze. "I will not hurt you amore, just give me gun.", his voice was tender but I was not able to bring myself to trust him. I kept shaking my head in a no. "Doll, the safety might not be locked, you might hurt yourself, just give me the damn gun"  he said loosing his patience. He always looses his patience whenever there is this gun involved. I kept taking steps backwards but he held my free hand and pulled me towards him holding me by my wrist. "Give. Me. The. Gun. Now" he said slowly. His tone made me tremble. "Doll, Now" he said too intimidating for me to defy him. I brought my shivering hand from my back and placed the gun in his hands.

I closed my eyes anticipating a gunshot but all I felt was his arms wrapped around me. He held me tight in his embrace rubbing my hair and my back "it's OK Doll, you are OK. Relax just relax" I held his shirt in my fist and cried in his hold. He sat me down and sat with me on the floor leaning on the bed "talk to me Doll" he said still holding me "What if something happened to her, or what if she turned out to be a killer like us" I told him my fears and I felt his fingers moving in my head giving me the calmness. "Nothing will happen, we will protect her. I promise you Doll, nothing will happen " he said kissing my head "but you-what if it happened again?" I said scared of what happened three years ago when I told him I was pregnant

Three years ago

"I am pregnant Damon" I said holding his cheeks. My sobs turned into my smile and he, his eyes filled with tears. "M-my C-child" he said like he is not able to believe what he heard and I nodded and he laughed as he cried. He was so happy, and that made me so happy. He held me by my hair bringing me closer to him and he touched my forehead "I love you so much Doll" he said kissing me. I lost myself in him. I missed him so much. I wrapped my arms around his neck and something snapped in him. He pushed me away. What happened? I thought as I lifted my face to see him, I wanted to ask him but he left. He called John and left from home.