16 - The truth

Author's note: °This  story contains  some hateful words. And was only a product of the author's imagination. For entertainment/fangirling purposes only. No harm intended. 
••●●●○●●●••

3

RD PERSON’S POV 

Wang Yibo can’t help himself,  he feels so ecstatic. He’s smiling like an idiot while throwing glances at Sean.

Ji Li could only roll his eyes seeing his boss, who also happens to be his friend,  smiles like a lovestruck teenager. 

There is no denying it, their CEO is super whipped by this beautiful creature. No one can blame him though,  Sean Xiao’s ethereal beauty is indeed breathtaking and captivating. He himself was mesmerized by his beauty.

Time to time Ji Li also throws glances on him but quickly averts his eyes away when his boss-slash-friend gives him a very deadly glare. It’s not that he’s afraid of his friend, and it’s not like he has a ‘thing’ for Sean Xiao, it’s just that, Sean Xiao is just so beautiful not to stare.

Ji Li gives his friend a shrug while mouthing, “he’s all yours,” silently.

“If I only knew you would be picking me up, I shouldn’t have brought my car with me.” I miss you.  Wang Yibo wanted to say those words badly.

“Your assistant can drive your car. I also got an instruction from Jana at the last minute, saying I should personally pick you up. I assume you know how bratty she is sometimes. And I’m sure I’ll get an earful from your brother. No wonder, they’re getting along very well. Tss.” Sean said, referring to his sister and best friend. 

Wang Yibo rejoices secretly. He should thank his Xuan-gē and his future sister-in-law later. His guts are telling him the couple did it on purpose.

“Why are you smiling like an idiot? Tss,” Sean hissed after seeing Yibo grins ever so widely.  

“Oh, by the way, I’ve heard you’re launching your cruising line. Congratulations.”

Wang Yibo beamed. “Yeah, Uncle Feng wants to expand his business. And since cruising is pretty much in-demand for those who like sailing… so, yeah.” He replied.  “I’ve heard you’re quite busy too.”

“Yeah, since Jino is still on a vacation with his girlfriend.  And Jana is currently busying herself flirting with ‘you know who'.” Sean said, the corner of his upper lips quirked up. 

After that talk, everything went silent. Yibo wanted to talk to Sean more but he didn't know what to say. It's as if his mind went blank. When he didn’t see Sean for three weeks, he had a lot of things he wanted to ask, but now that he’s beside him, he just couldn’t find words to say. Even when they reached the basement parking lot. And even on their rides. It was long and silent. 

Yibo asked Sean to let him drive but the latter brushed him off.

Wang Yibo just made himself content with having a glimpse of Sean and when Sean would catch him dazing at him, he would quickly look away. Or would smile awkwardly. 

Their long awkward yet not-so-awkward silence was interrupted by Sean’s ringing phone. Sean put on a wireless Bluetooth earphone and answered the call without bothering to check who the caller was.

“Hi!” He answers so lively. Wang Yibo got curious about who is the caller that made Sean smile sweetly. Somehow he felt jealous.

“What? Your flight got canceled?” Sean asked with sadness in his voice. “~ooh, I see. No, it's fine. Just call me if your schedule is clear.”