15 - Avoiding?

Author's note: °This  story contains  some hateful words. And was only a product of the author's imagination. For entertainment/fangirling purposes only. No harm intended. 

••●●●○●●●••

3RD PERSON’S POV 

Three weeks had passed since that party happened. Wang Yibo never saw Zhan—Sean Xiao again. He asked his brother about him but Haoxuan just shrugged and replied ‘he’s busy’. 

Sean was indeed busy as he had often been on an out of the country business trips. The Empire Group of Companies (EGC)  plans to expand their business globally. As they already partnered with Wang Airlines who was being managed by Zhou Cheng, they decided to have a hotel built in the country that the airlines mostly traveled. It'll make the jet packers and travelers book easily for a place to stay when they travel. 

By the time Sean came back from the trips. Yibo was also busy, he's the one that manages the shipping lines. And soon they will welcome their new ship. Their very own cruise ship, and that also due to the partnership from EGC. 

The Wang's are now known in the business world. Back then, their business was not as booming as it is now. But thankfully, because of the younger Wang's hard work. They manage to achieve and keep their standings. They successfully climbed to the top 10 most influential families in the business world. And also with the help of the Xiao's. 

Last week both Wang family and Xiao family officially announced not just the partnership of their companies but also the merger of their family as Wang Haoxuan and Jana Xiao are getting engaged.

Wang Yibo was very happy about the news. He expected to see Sean Xiao at the engagement but he didn't appear. Wang Yibo felt dejected. He thought maybe Sean Xiao was avoiding him, giving excuses that he had a flight. Besides, it was his sister's engagement party, so why wouldn't he attend? Yibo is so sure it was because of him. He can't help but feel hurt knowing that the person he misses for the past ten years is avoiding him.

One day when Wang Yibo was busy scanning the files his cousin Lulu sent him, his personal assistant told him that he was invited to have dinner with the Xiao's at their mansion. He was happy but hesitated thinking it might make Sean feel uncomfortable. But he can't afford to reject the invitation. 

He continues his work and waits for the evening to come. After making sure all important files were secured and all the documents that he needed to send back to his Uncle were sent, he hurriedly got up from his seat and picked up his coat. He looked himself in the mirror at the corner of his office making sure he still looked presentable—though he always looked presentable. What can he say? He is such a good looking person, anything he wears will absolutely look good on him. He smiled.

[a/n: We know you're handsome Yibo]

When satisfied he went out of his office with light steps and whistling swaying his head left to right happily. Ji Li, Wang Yibo's personal assistant, smiles while shaking his head in amusement. He knows exactly the reason why his boss is so giddy right now. Some employees that saw Yibo froze on the spot, jaws dropped with eyes almost popping out of their socket. 

No one can blame them if they reacted that way, they had never seen their boss acting like he is now! They are used to seeing their boss in his strict and stern look, and most of the time, frowning. But now, he even happily greeted all the employees that greeted and bowed to him on his way to the elevator. 

But to Wang Yibo's surprise, as soon as the door of the elevator opened he stepped backwards. Blinking his eyes rapidly. He even pinch his right leg secretly, making sure he wasn't seeing things.