Chapter 31

Zhan's P.O.V.

The next day I went to work at my usual time and I saw Lisa sitting around my table. I walked over there.

"Good morning Lisa." I bowed.

"Good morning." She said. "I was just wondering when you'd reach. Anyway, I have a favor I want to ask."

"Okay, go ahead."

"We have dinner tonight and I don't have a date, I heard late and everyone I asked was occupied so you're my only option." She pouts.

"Well, I don-"

"Think about it update me later, you can't make a girl like me go out alone." She gave me a weak smile and got up so I nodded and sat down.

I really didn't want to go, but I felt bad for her and she even goes as far as to lie. I really don't want to let her down but if something comes up then I can either ditch or say I can't make it.

My work was as usual and I left a little late, when I got home Xiling was already there with Yibo they were both on the sofa watching TV.

"Hey, brother. I first you today." She smiled in victory.

"I guess. I'm going upstairs going somewhere tonight."

"Where? When since you go out?" She asked confused.

"Date," I said before I went up the stairs I could hear her calling me to come back but I didn't listen.

I didn't know what to wear but she said it was formal so I just put a suit together and went to shower. I got ready and did my hair, my lips looked dry so I had to use my strawberry lip balm to make it look more accommodating. I finished getting ready at 5:30 because I was supposed to meet her between 7:00 to 7:30. I didn't know if Xiling was still downstairs but when I went to the beginning of the stairs I heard her and Yibo talking.

I slowly went downstairs and saw them both watching a movie. Before I could even say a word they both were staring at me.

"Brother, I mean you have a bad taste in clothes but damn." She smiled looking at me from head to toe. "Who's the lucky girl?" She asked. I was a little hesitant but it wasn't a date.

"It's none of your business," I smirked.

"Come on, you can't be this hard." She pleaded.

I looked over at Yibo and he didn't take his eyes off me. I didn't know if he saw me looking at him or he was busy checking me out. I still didn't forgive him so I don't care.

"As I said none of your business, I'll be back soon," I said leaving and closing the door behind me.

I wasn't excited about this if anything I just wanted it to be over, I drove over to her house and blow my car horns immediately I saw her opening the door. She came inside the car and sat down looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Weren't you going to open the door for me?" She said lowly.

"That wasn't what I agreed to," I said nonchalantly and she nodded.

The drive was silent and peaceful not a word exchange from both of us. I like to keep it that way for the ride home too. We reached a fancy restaurant with a very elegant design and was very detailed. It looked nice but I'm not the one to go to fancy restaurants even if I have the money which I do.

We went over to a large table where there were already 6 persons. I followed Lisa over to the table and we both bowed and said goodnight then sit.

"Nice to see you Lisa and who is this fine young man?" A man asked looking like he was in his 40s.

"Ohh, this is Xiao Zhan my coworker and date for tonight." She explained and they all nodded.

"Well I'm Fui, this is liXing my lovely wife." He said then started naming the others but somehow those names flew past me like the wind.

"So how long have you been dating?" The man asked Lisa.

"We haven't been dating." She forced a smile then looked at me.

"Why not?" The man intervened.

"I don't know ask him." She said and all their attention was on me. I was clueless as to what to say but I answered anyway.

"I like somebody else, I haven't told her this because we didn't get to talk a lot," I said knowing damn well I don't like anyone.

"Isn't she beautiful?" One of the men asked.

"Yes, she is" I replied.

"Then what are you waiting for?" He asked laughing.

"With due respect, we can't force love I'm not attracted to her intimately, only friend-wise," I explained and they nodded.

"Yes, I understand it happens to the best of us." He smiled. "Let's raise a toast to Lisa for being here tonight and Zhan for accompanying her and also their friendship."

We all raised her cups and toast and then we drank, they were nice, to be honest, and they went from talking about us to back in the days and they ask me questions here and there. It couldn't get any better. It was finally over and we were driving home.

"How was it?" She asked.

"It was nice actually they are all good friends."

"Glad you liked it I thought you were going to be tense or they would make you uncomfortable. " She laughed. "I don't know how much to thank you I owe you one, you're an amazing person Zhan whether your my friend or not." She smiled.

"That's heart-warming." I smiled back and I drove her to her house and we bid our goodbyes. I drove home and parked the car in the garage and looked at it I went inside and I saw that Xiling was sleeping but Yibo was watching something so I went upstairs.