Chapter 11

Zhan's P.O.V

I was a little uncomfortable with Lisa at my house she seems nice but I don't know why I felt that way. The whole time we were talking and laughing I was still a little tense that's why I went to the bathroom to relieve a little of the tension.

"So I've been meaning to ask... Are you seeing anyone?" Lisa asked and I choke on air, What!?

"Well it's complicated," I responded because, to be honest, it was.

"I was just asking for a friend." She smiled. I know damn well you aren't or are you?

"Anyways I have to go now it's getting late." She proceeded to get up and I did the same.

"Okay, it was nice talking to you see you at work Monday." I bowed but she laughed. "What?" I asked.

"Give me a hug you silly." She said before dragging me onto her. I was really uncomfortable at the moment but I slowly hugged her back.

She left and I felt alleviated, it was like a heavy rock was just lifted off me. I went back to work and after a little while, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Hey, brother." Xiling smiled.

"Hey...sister" I furrowed my eyebrows. Then she walked over to where I was seated and sat right beside me no space in between.

"So"

"So?" I asked.

"What did she say?" Xiling asked giving me a death glare. I looked back at my computer and I could feel her eyes burning through the side of my face.

"She asked if I was in a relationship."

"And what did you say?" She asked again.

"It's complicated," I replied.

"Complicated Zhan... Really? Was it hard to say you are dating Soyun?" She sighed.

"No."

"Then what's the problem?" She asked irritated.

"I don't know, I just don't know," I said I really don't know.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, I could feel that Xiling wasn't satisfied. It was all over her face but then her mood change to calm. So bipolar.

"You know what, I won't get myself involved between you two but I want the both of you to set a date and talk it off." She said leaning back on the couch.

"Okay." I agreed.

"Oh, my day today was good, thank you for asking." She said sarcastically.

"Sorry I didn't ask, what happened?" I asked because I knew she wanted me to ask.

"I bumped into Yibo. Not the best greetings I'd say."

"Hmm. So how did he react or what did he say?" I curiously asked.

"He's not the problem I am."

"Explain."

"The bench made me numb after sitting so long, my friends were long gone before I could even make my first step 'literally'. I stumped my toe on a rock, I've never felt that much pain. Then I bumped into Yibo and to top it all off by adding some icing on the cake I stuttered." She groaned in frustration

"Sounds like any love at first sight event to me but you should have topped it off with a kiss, that would make the cake tastier." I chuckled and she hit me on the shoulder.

"This isn't funny my whole life is at stake here." She said.

"I'm sorry, and it's okay to feel that way but it's life you can either run from it or learn from it."

"Hmm... I guess if we meet again by mistake or he approaches me then I'll try not to act like an idiot." She shrugged.

"The fact that you are makes it hard to believe," I said and she smacked me on the shoulder again.

"When will you ever learn that it's me and only me, who throws insult around here."

"Well, when you ever learn that you reap what you sow." I snickered and started typing.

The rest of the night was silence Xiling went to have a sleepover at Soyun's place with Huan. I was all alone but that didn't bother me.

Soyun
Hey, I know your busy but I just wanted to make sure your okay.

Me
Yes, I am.

Soyun
Ohk, you eat already?

Me
Not yet I ate lunch late so I'm not ready to eat yet.
Hbu?

Soyun
Well, let's just say I ate too much feels like I'm pregnant. Lol

Me
Food baby or my baby?

Soyun
You know I'd never cheat and if I'm pregnant with a food baby then I did, so it's your baby.

Me
Just making sure.

Soyun
I love you. Good night.

Me
Me too. Good night.

I wanted to check up on Xiling but I'd probably bother them. I went up to my room to finish up and went to bed I wasn't an early sleeper but I needed the rest to replenish. Even though I'm not going to work tomorrow but I still need to wake up early in the morning.

I felt for some vanilla but I didn't get any because I was just going to brush my teeth and go to bed. After that, I laid down on my back and stared at the ceiling.

I really don't know why I feel so desolate, I'm talking to Soyun but I don't know if I feel the same way she feels about me. I kind of see her as a friend than a girlfriend but it wouldn't hurt if I try to see if this works.

Xiling would probably get upset if I ended it without trying and I would feel bad myself since as I agree to become her boyfriend. Most times I just think love isn't made for me, I'm busy with work and all and I feel okay with that. Not having girlfriend, sex, mouth to mouth kisses, cuddle sessions, and saying that I love you doesn't bother me.

I fell asleep and woke up at 7:00. I stretched, yawned, and got out of bed. I went over to Xiling's room and knock on the door but there's no answer. She probably won't be home till late.