Chapter 24

I saw him rubbing his neck and turning he frowned in discomfort and lift his head. He groaned before opening his eyes and looking at us. He's even good looking when he just woke up. He got up and walked over to where we were and sat beside me.

"Good morning." He said groggily.

"Good morning." Xiling and I said in unison.

"You guys are up early." He said covering his mouth and yawned.

"Zhan just got up and he's an early waker shocking isn't it." Xiling raised her Left eyebrow.

"Hmm... After last night who would wake early." He asserted.

"I did, and Zhan's date." Xiling smiled at me.

"What's her name again?" He asked looking drowsy.

"Lisa."

"She has a lot of stamina or maybe she didn't move a muscle last night," Yibo said tilting his head.

"If she didn't my arm wouldn't be in so much pain." I sighed.

"So you two are together?" Yibo asked looking at me.

"No which is a good thing." I clarified and he smirked after what I said like it was a good thing for both of us I was a little confused.

"I have to get going last night was amazing, which one of you came up with the idea?" He asked in a soft tone. Inviting confidence without demanding it.

"Xiling did, I just helped her out," I answered.

"I have an idea since you both wake up late, I'll ask a question if one of you get it wrong you have to do what the other says," Xiling smirked.

"Why now?" I sighed.

"I didn't get my revenge, I hope you lose Zhan." She smiled deviously. "What's my favorite sports?" she asked pointing at me.

"Basketball."

"So wrong Zhannie," She tsked.

"You don't have a specific sport you like it just any sports I play," Yibo answered with enthusiasm.

"Correct!" Xiling clapped and smiled then turned to me. "No backing out brother."

"I don't have anything I want you to do now but I will soon." He said smiling then got up and left.

"Was that called for?" I asked pouting.

"Losers aren't choosers." She smiled getting up and walking off.

"It beggars!" I shouted.

"No one cares!" she retorted.

I just laughed but after that, all I could think about is what Yibo was going to make me do. I knew he was going to make me do something humiliating because of the way he looked at me, I just wanted to get over it and done. It's not that I can't take it but he looks like someone who doesn't take no for an answer.

I went to my room and around the computer, I have to finish up the programming for tomorrow so that it can be tested out for next week's project. The boss told us he had a collaboration with Google so he needed as many hands as he could get. It almost took me the whole day to do more than half of it, I had to make something so Xiling could get to eat and Huan and Soyun decided to stay over for dinner because they brought clothes to shower and wear until they are ready to go home.

When I went down to the kitchen they were finished cooking. I didn't smell the food until I saw it and it smelt good. They set the table and sat around it and I did too.

"Brother I was just going to call you," Xiling said smiling. "And by the way guys Yibo won by answering the question correctly, so he has to do one thing that Yibo says."

"What question?" Soyun asked puzzled.

"I asked what was my favorite sports and Zhan got it wrong."

"Your brother well that's a little embarrassing don't you think," Soyun said clicking her tongue and giving attitude.

"No it's not, let me ask you instead," Xiling said facing Soyun. "What's my favorite sport?"

"Simple basketball," Soyun answered and Zhan and I laughed. "What?" She asked even Huan was perplexed.

"You're wrong that's exactly what Zhan said. Are you embarrassed?" Xiling asked but Soyun didn't answer. I honestly don't get it with this girl since I've turned her down all she does is act as if I was beefing with her.

"But Zhan is your brother, he should have known that this shows that he doesn't give a fuck about anybody."

"That's enough Soyun don't push this any further trying to humiliate me is just as dumb as it sounds."

"So I'm the bad guy now," she said slowly nodding.

"What's your problem?" I asked confused.

"You're the problem Zhan, what did I ever do to you to deserve this huh? I did everything I could and all you could do was tell me I'm just a friend and didn't even try." She said tears brimming her eyes.

"I apologized Soyun I don't know what more to do," I said pissed.

"Hey! Hey, let's calm down. Zhan, you should stay calm because you know how you are when you get angry." Xiling said rubbing my shoulder. "Soyun let it go, he already apologized if he is not interested then let him be; he didn't ask you to bring him gifts and letters, he was only being nice to you because that's how he is to everyone."

"Huan let's go I don't have an appetite anymore." Huan nodded getting up.

"Sorry guys but I have to follow her home to make sure she's safe." Huan apologized.

"It's okay no problem," Xiling said.

After they left Xiling leaned on my shoulder and sighed she didn't say a word. She just stayed there, I brought my hands up to her brunette hair and stroke it. It felt soft but I don't know why because Xiling wasn't the one who cares about her hair or maybe it was just naturally soft.

"Zhan."

"Yes?"

"Could you please tell me that everything is going to be okay?" She asked raised her head and looked at me.

"Everything is going to be okay Xiling, I wasn't going to do anything harmful to her. I'm not like that anymore." I reassured her and she nodded and leaned back on my shoulder.