Chapter 1:1 Unknown and hostile

Gem sector: 2331

"Ma'am
we have found something
strange" the citrine guard spoke to the  captain, "What is it soldier?" The captain asked, "it appears to be a ship of sorts but nothing in our database matches it, completely unknown. Oh my stars, captain this ship is at least 19,000 meters in length" the Captain's eyes widened when she heard that. "The ship however, appears to be quite heavily damaged and is in no condition for a fight at least from what we have scanned" the soldier added.  "Send in a scout team peridots with a group of Quartz guards protecting them." "Yes Ma'am, it will be done"

"I don't get why we have to be with of bunch of weak peridots!" A amethyst guard said, "Were doing this because the Captain wants us to, I mean it's not like peridots are made for fighting like us" the Jasper  said with a shrug.
"It's also because you and the rest of the Quartz on this ship are not made to deal with technology." The Quartz looked to see who said that and it was the captain herself. "C-Captain, we didn't hear you come in." "Hmm, tell me, do you realize how important this 
mission could potentially be? This ship we have encountered has enough weapons to reduce almost any ship in our empire to bits and pieces.  I suggest you all take this seriously."

"Yes captain!" All the Quartz said in unison.  The captain walked out of the room, "it's just a blessing we haven't encountered it in full fighting condition." She whispered softly while still trapped in her thoughts.

After minutes of preparing and a bit of bickering the gem scout team set off towards their destination, little did they know the horror they would encounter on that damaged warship.
The gems soon landed in what they presumed to be a hangar area.  The Quartz stepped out of the ship first to secure the area, then the peridot team came second.  The peridots scanned the way and lead towards a door they estimated lead to the bridge of this massive ship.  Going through the door the gems encountered a peculiar scene, the corridor they were in were filled with blast marks and most alarmingly bodies,  "what in the authority..." One Quartz whispered.
A peridot decided to scan the blast marks, her face showed visibly confusion and curiosity, "interesting, plasma weaponry similar to ours did cause these marks" she said, "Oh my stars! These bodies are human bodies!" Another peridot shouted while examining a white armored soldier.  "What!? That's impossible, humans don't have this kind of technology yet! Especially the humans we have encountered!" A Quartz guard shouted.  "Perhaps that one was taken from Earth?" A Peridot suggested, "Nope, all the white armored soldiers in this corridor are humans." The same Peridot who made the observation said while scanning some more on her datapad.
A Quartz guard stepped up to one of the fallen soldiers and sure enough when she slipped it's helmet off, there was a human under there.  "This is definitely going into the report." One peridot said. Glancing towards the humans hand, the Quartz noticed what possibly was the weapon that made these blast marks.

 Glancing towards the humans hand, the Quartz noticed what possibly was the weapon that made these blast marks

"You, peridot. Take this weapon for examination." The Quartz said while handing it over towards the nearest peridot.  "Alright gems, we need to make are way towards the bridge and figure out what happened here."
After this, the gems made their way towards the bridge, encountering more white armored fallen soldiers and encountering other humans as well, along with alien species none of the gems recognized.  "This just keeps getting weirder and weirder." One peridot mumbled.
Finally they made their way to the bridge, stepping through the door, the peridots immediately examined the data at different parts of the ship, some having to push human bodies aside, after examination, their was no denying it. Humans had commanded this vessel, this sent a cold shiver down almost every gems back. One name stood out from the rest, it was "Lord Vader" the peridot read out loud. "What?" One Quartz asked while walking up to the peridot. "It seems this "Lord Vader" was the one in-charge of this warship." The peridot said while examining the file, before she could say anything else she was suddenly lifted into the air by unknown force and slammed into the ground, this stopped everything everyone was doing.  For a moment the peridot looked confused, but before she could do anything she was being pulled across the floor, seemingly once again by almost nothing. She was screaming while being dragged across the floor, a Quartz guard tried grabbing her arm but missed, the peridot was pulled through the door and the door that once was open shut closed. The Quartz attempted to forcefully open it but with no luck.  For a moment everything was silent, then they all heard the peridot say "Wait, who are you?!" She said in a trembling voice.  Then they heard something else, a snap-hiss, the Peridot started screaming again, then the gems heard the most horrific sound any gem could hear, the sound of something shattering.  A Quartz guard leaned her head against the door and listened, at first she heard nothing, then she heard breathing, but the breathing sounded mechanical and labored not natural at all.

To even a Quartz  this sound was unsettling.  She stepped back and told everyone in the room to have their weapons ready. As soon as the breathing stopped, the door opened back up. The Quartz stepped out first then the other peridots. Looking down they saw what confirmed their worst fears, the peridot indeed had been shattered, the gem shards looked scorched and heated, this made every gem wince, the Peridot had a quick but extremely painful death.
The heard something that made them all snap their heads down the corridor. The lights had gone completely out, luckily the gems had their own sources of light. Then they all heard it, the unsettling breathing. It sounded like it was coming form everywhere, the gems covered each others back while examining the darkness around them. "Guys! Something's down the hallway!" A peridot shouted. They all looked and saw something that made their gems run cold.

The Quartz and Peridots both grimly realized something, they are not getting off this ship alive