Chapter:3:1: The battle for Homeworld part 3

"I'm sorry Grand Admiral but I still don't understand." Pellaeon said while eyeing the coordinates. "A hyperspace jump like this has never been attempted before."

Thrawn sat in the Admirals chair, not looking at Pellaeon alone but the entire Chimera bridge crew. Those red glowing eyes taking in everything. "Have faith Captain, the Emperor would not send us into suicidal route with such a emergency at hands or critical mission, neither if the route is unknown." Thrawn said while standing up from his chair. "Sir, are you implying the Emperor knows this route?" Pellaeon asked. "That is exactly what I'm implying Captain. Our Emperor knows many things, many secrets and mysteries that he knows the solution to but will never reveal. "

"For know, we will simply do as he commands. " Thrawn said while walking through the chimera's bridge and looking out the viewport. The Chimera made the jump, the stars fading into lines, and the blue realm of hyperspace filling the windows of the Chimera. The rest of the fleet followed suit, six Imperial Star Destroyers, including the Chimera. Ten Victory class Star Destroyers, five interdictor class ship along with support ships such as 20 Gozanti cruisers. The Empire was bringing a fleet worthy of waging a lengthy campaign. Pellaeon failed to understand why such a massive fleet had been brought for what was essentially a peace mission, then Lord Vader's transmission came through and then Pellaeon suspected the Emperor knew this would happen, he wanted a fleet capable of eliminating a major threat.

A nervous silence fell over the Chimera crew, however, Thrawn seemed calm, confident of what he earlier said it seemed to Pellaeon. It would be a few hours until they arrived, then, all hell would break loose.

Yellow caught the attack of the giant beast and responded with a powerful wave of electricity, causing extreme damage due to how close it was to her, even some of it's armor broke off.
Boosting her growing confidence in winning this fight, Yellow charged forward blazing with energy. The monster regained it's footing and braced for the Diamond.

Yellow rammed into the beast, making it move back even under bracing for Yellow's attack. Her hand shot out with blurry speed, catching the giant in the stomach, making it wince under pain. Then, she followed up with kneeing it in the stomach twice making it loose it's defence around it's face. Perfect Yellow thought, then with more amazing speed, Yellow Diamond placed both of her hands on the war giants head. Sending out a powerful current of electricity, it bellowed in pain as it felt its skin on it's head burn. The armor around it's head melted to it's flesh, causing even more pain. Yellow put her two hands together and brought down a attack that sent the beast to the ground. It twitched then stopped moving completely. Yellow turned around and smiled to herself, Lord Vader had taken the cannon out and now she saw him making his way back to her, killing any survivors of their previous war path. The Diamond shrunk back down to Citrine size and joined Vader.
"Lord Vader, it seems you were successful on your mission." Yellow said as the Sith Lord continued with her back to the main battle. "Yes, now we will finally push them to the outskirts and I see you have taken care of that monstrosity, impressive Diamond. " Vader noted while tilting his head to the dead monster.

"Thank you Lord Vader, now let's continue."

Sith and Diamond gathered gem ground forces and returned to a cohesive formation that was bent on driving the enemy to the outskirts.
Gems formed multiple attack lines under Yellow's orders, Yellow stood at the back of these lines, with Vader at her side. The Sith Lord was mostly quiet, seeming to just watch as Yellow commanded. Part of this was due to Vader releasing he had no power over the gems, at least, power that was associated with rank, another was observing Yellow's tactics. Such information could prove useful later.
Soon, the gem army was ready. They marched forward, catching the panicked and disorganized movements of their attackers. Forming what ancient armies would call shield walls, the gems pressed their greater reach and started to push the enemy into kill zones, more slaughtering happened afterward. The collective forces were suffering so many casualties, they started to retreat out of the gem City, hoping to put up a defense when regrouping with more allies.