Five (4)

"Eli?"

"Hm?"

Eli sits up and looks at me curiously, tilting his head a bit to the side.

"Aesop?"

I stay quiet and look at him for a while before turning back my chair and shaking my head.

"Never mind"

—————————-12:00am——————-

I hear a soft flapping sound next to me while I'm sleeping,a sudden breeze of cold air hits my face and I jolt up.I look around and take my attention to the figure on my desk.

"Brooke? What's wrong"

She cooed and flew up,hovering inches from my face, then she tugged at my hair with her claws.

"What in the world Brooke?!"

She tugged at my hair harder in the direction of the door, then cooed angrily and sat on my shoulder to catch her breath.
I look over at the door then at her.

"Want me to follow you?"

She cooed and flew up again, I stood up and walked over to the door, opening it and taking a glance at Eli before walking out.I followed her through the long hallways full of doors, making sure to stay quiet when passing by one.At the bottom of the stairs I heard footsteps coming near me.

"Hello?"

"Aesop Aesop!"

I looked over at the child running over to me and hugging my legs.He rubbed his "face" against me and looked up.

"Aesop! What are you doing? Are you not sleepy?"

I chuckle and shake my head.

"Do you want to play with Robbie?"

I look down at the kid as he bounces up and down eager to play.

"Not now Robbie, I'm doing something, maybe tomorrow?"

"Oh ok! What are you do-"

"Robbie honey come along."

He legs go of my leg and looks up at me.

"Miss Michiko and Miss Mary are calling for me now,I have to go."

He takes out a lollipop and hands it to me.

"Survivors can't eat these because it's suppose to enhance my power but this is a gift for you! Bye bye Aesop I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Thank you Robbie"

I watch him as he runsoff into the opposite direction looking at the candy for a second, it was blue and white and the stick was tied with a bow,I put it in my pocket.Brooke coos in front of me and I proceed to follow her...
We stopped at the end of a hallway that I'v never seen before, then again, Iv only been here for a week or so.She then perched at a door.
I walked over to her and turned the doorknob, it was surprisingly easy to open, I hesitantly walked inside one hand still on the doorknob to keep it from closing.The room was dark, very dark, there was a strange metal smell and it was oddly cold.I search the wall for a switch with my freehand, it took me a while to find it but when I ddI I flicked the switch up. I turn to look at the wall and flinched, blood,organs, severed heads, scattered across the ground, I was so shocked I didn't realize that I let go of the door and before I knew it it closed behind me.I stood there frozen in fear, then I felt something touch my face...

"Aesop...aesop..Aesop! Aesop wake up!"

I jolted up looking around, tears in my eye and heavily breathing.

"Aesop what's wrong what happened?"

I look over at the person next to me,Eli was clenching my arm and retracting his hand from my face.

"Eli?"

I grab him and pulled him towards me for a hug, I don't like physical contact but right now I needed someone to comfort me,Eli gasped in shock, then after a while he wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me chest.

"Nightmare?"

"Yeah"

"That's common."

Brooke flew to me and perched on my shoulder, rubbing her head against mine.I stroked her with my free hand and let go of Eli.He sat up and smiled.

"Come on, breakfast is going to be ready in a few minutes, I'll be waiting"

I nodded as he stoop up and walked out, Brooke followed after him and when she got out he closed the room door.I sighed in relief, thank god that was a dream,I was about to stand up but I felt something, I reached into my pocket and pulled out..a white and blue lollipop tied with a bow...

Hello everyone! I'm back kinda, well not really but I finally found the motivation to write something, I'm trying out a new layout where I don't out the POV but make it easy for the reader to tell which pov it is,welp anyways, thanks for reading!

-lyanee