One (1) rw

(Rewritten)

Hello Brooke....
I opened my eyes to see Brooke Rose right next to my face, she was staring down with her large gem-like eyes.I yawned and stretched, turning my head to the large window in my room, following the rays of light that seeped through the curtains from the moon.I didn't get a very good sleep with all the noise downstairs, we were told that there might be a new survivor joining this hellhole.I sit up looking up to the ceiling at the stars I hung from it, Brooke cooed and flew onto my shoulder, rubbing her head against my cheek.
I rub my finger against her wing silently.

"Brooke, be a dear and check out everyone downstairs, and inform me about what's happening, I'm curious."

Brooke nodded, gracefully lifting her body from the ground and swooping out the hole above the door that I made for her.I grabbed a book from my nightstand and turn on a reading light.

"Now where did I leave off"

.
.
.
.

I flew downstairs to check on the fellow survivors who were gathered around one area.In the middle of the crowd of people was a short brunette with a green torn hood known as the mercenary Naib Subedar, and a new male Iv never seen before, I perched on a nearby shelf and examined him.He had long silver hair neatly tied back in a ponytail, what looked like a doctors mask covering half his face, and he was holding a large suitcase looking item which I assumed to be part of his ability.He seemed to be shaking in fear which was reasonable.Naib turns his head and makes eye contact with me, he smiles and waves for me to come over,I fly off the shelf and land on his finger that he held out for me.

"Aesop, meet Brooke rose, Brooke meet Aesop Carl, the new survivor, he's an Embalmer."

I coo ruffling up my feathers as a greeting.He looks at me without showing any emotion.

"Aesop, Brooke here is my friends owl, she protects him in matches, she's really cool...just don't try to touch her she might bite your finger off"

I raise my head up proudly at that statement, Opening up my wings to slap Naib in the face.

"Brooke! (Sigh) anyways, you'll meet him soon, he's probably asleep or at least trying to sleep by now, he's surprisingly not that much of a night owl even though he has an owl as a companion."

He slowly nods, bringing the suitcase to his chest without a word.