Chapter 49: Regulus Black & A Cup of Tea

Present- 2022

Regulus Black was a simple man at one point in his life. Not too simple though. After all. His parents weren't the best and towards the end Sirius abandoned him. He could never forgive him for that. There was hope for that though in the future.

Regulus did die. One of the worst ways possible. It wasn't pretty, but it was to help stop the Dark Lord one way or another. Sure, he signed up to be one of his followers, but he knew it wasn't the best of choices that he made.

Regulus Black died, but then came back. As a spirit dragon. Harry made sure of that. Hey, the Boy Who Lived wanted to meet his godfather's younger brother. Plus, the man who was apparently played by his dad. He needed to know the story from the person who suffered most from it. It's all in the past now, even though Sirius still wants to kill James from time to time. Hey! He knocked up his brother when he was fourteen. Yeah you heard that right. James Potter knocked up Regulus Black back at their years of Hogwarts. James didn't know though, so there was that. And Regulus knew it was a one time thing and he has no feelings for James what so ever. The feelings mutual towards James not liking Regulus. He has a wife after all.

"Reg," Sirius trying to wake up his brother, who was curled up in a ball sleeping.

He opened one eye and looked at his brother, who wasn't in his dragon form. Regulus sighed and turned into his human form and asked, "what do you want Sirius?"

"Want to play poker with us?" He gestured towards the rest of the fellow dead people who were now dragons. That included James and Lily Potter, Remus Lupin, Tonks, Fred Weasley, and Colin Creevey, who were all in their human forms.

"And why would I do that?" He said in a tired voice. "I was in the middle of taking a nap you know."

"Yes, because you don't sleep at night because you are trying to avoid us," Sirius pointed out.

"Can't blame a man for trying," the Slytherin shrugged. "Ok. Fine. I'll play poker with you guys."

"He said yes!" Sirius yelled out to the rest of the group and ran over, Regulus flowing close behind.

"You guys are ridiculous," Regulus mumbled.

"But you love us," James said in a sing song.

"Mainly Lily, Tonks, and Remus, but ok," he said seriously.

The rest of the group mocked hurt with their hands to their chests.

"I'm hurt," Fred said.

"Yeah no kidding!" Sirius exclaimed.

Regulus, Lily, Tonks, and Remus laughed at the boys and just shook their heads at them.

"How about we just start the game," Remus shuffling the cards.

"Remind me again why we let him shuffle when he wins every time?" Fred asked.

"I honestly don't know," Sirius shrugged. "He's one of the only people who knows how to shuffle that we can trust to shuffle I guess."

"Probably cheating," James told them.

"Probably," they, Sirius, Colin, and Fred, said in usion.

~

Draco sat in his room by himself with a cup of tea. He was worried for Harry and his children. His anxiety was very close to breaking point, but luckily for him he had Harry's oversized sweatshirt to keep him comfort, plus that jasmine tea that always calmed his nerves. Wearing that sweatshirt was like a big hug from the idiot that he decided to marry. The man that he said yes to many years ago.