Chapter 17: Talking With Aquarius

Past- 1994

"The new year is coming up," Harry said to Aquarius. "Are you leaving after New Years?"

The two are sitting on the Astronomy tower, past curfew if I may add, looking at the stars and looking for constellations throughout the night sky.

"Now why would I leave once the new year come up? I'm not leaving any time soon," Aquarius reassured. "I can't say much for Orion, Siren, and Zoey, but I believe they're going to end up staying as well. They hold the special place to my heart that would make me never leave them and they'll never leave me. All three of them are my rock, so if anything happened to the three of them I'll be lost."

"What about me?" Harry joked.

"Oh yes dear Papa. You're the adult that I go to for everything. You're no way in hell my adult rock," Aquarius did in a mocking posh tone.

Harry giggled at his daughter's antics. She joined in on the giggling.

"You know I've always wanted a family right?" Harry said after their fits of giggles. "Me living with the Dursley's always made me have this mind set that I'll never have a family and I'll live with them forever and working for them. But ever since my Hogwarts letter I had hope."

Aquarius started to tear up a little. She never heard her Papa talk about the people that treated him like dirt, and every time she asked him he always said, 'it's not important and we should focus on the now and not the then.'

"What was it like?" Aquarius whispered. Harry turned to her direction, giving her a curious look. "I mean living with those people," she spat out the last part. The only thing that she got close to hearing her Papa not being treated well by them was from other dimensions that involve them, which is most.

"I've never told you about the Dursley's?" Harry questioned. He would have expected he would have told his children about his past, but when they were old enough to know because he wouldn't tell a child his story. They're too innocent to know that stuff.

"No," Aquarius answered simply. "You don't like talking about it, which I don't blame you for because I have knowledge that they didn't, well in your case right now, don't, treat you right. But I would have expected you to have told Lilian because she's in her twenties for crying out loud, but she doesn't even know the story. Dad knows the whole story and Aunt 'Mione and Uncle Ron know Bits and pieces, but otherwise no one knows. What was so bad that made you not want to talk about it? What did they do to you?" A tear dropped from one of Aquarius' beautiful emerald green eyes and Harry couldn't stand to see his daughter in this state. Especially if it was about him.

"Please don't cry Aqua," whipping the tears from her eyes. "There's no need for crying. Alright?" Aquarius nodded, not trusting her mouth to speak out just yet. "There's obviously a reason why I never told you what happened, but I rather not tell you about what happened. Not because it's that I don't want to, but because I believe you deserve the whole story. Heck I don't even know the whole story yet because I haven't lived the whole story yet. I also don't want to tell you because I believe it's not my place to tell you, but my future self's."

"But you won't even tell me," she croaked out.

"Maybe there's a reason to it. Maybe you can go up to my future self, when you get back, and try talking to him, or in this case me, in a way, and sit down and have a talk with him. I think that's the best bet for you."

Aquarius smiles and said, "thank you Papa," and went and gave him a hug, which he returned gratefully.

~

It's the next day, but in this case night. Aquarius is with Draco this time, but at the Black Lake past curfew. New Years Eve is tomorrow night and Aquarius was happy that her Dad agreed to talk with her tonight. She was also happy because Harry let her barrow his invisibility cloak.

"So how are things in the future?" Draco whispered.

Aquarius got a little scared of Draco's voice because they were being very quiet for a good ten minutes. "Well...it's rocky at first, then it becomes smooth sailing after, but still rocking in the edges, but otherwise everything's great," she answered honestly.

"That's good to hear," said Draco. "The only thing is that I don't understand how Potter and I end up together."

Aquarius' eyes lit up at the mention of how her parents became together. "I find the story adorable, but also sad at the same time." Draco then turned his full on attention to his daughter because this story should be good. "So I know most of the story, but obviously not the whole thing because my parents were trying to keep it PG, but since Papa was telling most of the story it ended up being PG-13."

Draco laughed at that comment. Aquarius was a bit surprised because she was known from her Papa, aunts, and uncles that Draco never really laughed around this time.

"That sounds like Potter to make it a bit inappropriate for the children," Draco chuckled.

That made Aquarius burst out laughing. "You're not wrong about that."

"How about we try and get to the story?" Draco suggested after calming down his laughter, as well as Aquarius.

"Yes. I don't want to stay up all night, so let's get started shall we?" Draco nodded in agreement. "So what my Papa told me, you guys started to really get to know each other, if you know what I mean," Aquarius smirked and Draco turned a bright red, "in your sixth year. At first it was just making out and, ugh, that."

"Sex?" Draco asked hesitantly, still red.

"Yeah that," Aquarius nodded. "But it started to turn more than just friends with benefits. You both were falling in love with each other. You were both scared of what would happen because a war was coming up and you were on opposite sides. You didn't want to be on the side you were on, but you told me you were a coward. I told him that he wasn't a coward, he was just scared and trying to protect the people that he loves. That's what you did with Papa towards the end of your sixth year. You broke things off with him because you were trying to protect him. You didn't want Voldemort to get to him, so you told him you couldn't do what you guys were doing anymore. Papa was heartbroken, but it hurt worse than it should have."

"Why's that?" Draco was nervous for this answer.

"Remember how I told you about my older sister Lilian?"

"Harry was pregnant."

Aquarius smiled sadly, but also in a bit of happiness because Draco didn't realize he called Harry by his name. "Yes he was."

"Did I know?"

"No. Papa couldn't tell you. And he never did."

"But I know about her in the future?"

"Oh yeah. You finally know about her when she was seven, but when you get to meet her and finally able to gain custody of her was when she was eight. It was Christmas when you guys finally got Lilian back."

"She never hated me or Har- Potter?"

"No she didn't. Actually my Papa always visited her when he got the chance, behind your back by the way, but it was because he was scared that you wouldn't want Lilian, but once Papa explained everything to you, you were a bit mad, but then you understood where Papa was coming from, so you forgave him pretty quickly."

"I guess it was my fault anyway," Draco pulling his knees to his chest. "I mean I broke things off with him when he was pregnant. Sure I didn't know, but that still doesn't change the fact that I did."

"Well in his defense he never told you, but he did just find out two days ago before you broke things off that he was, so he never really got the chance to tell you that he was pregnant."

"So technically it was both of our faults in a way?"

"If you think about it like that, then yeah it is."

Draco nodded and looked back out towards the lake just thinking about things, mainly what he just spoke about with Aquarius.

Maybe I'll try and talk to Potter tomorrow. Draco thought to himself. Maybe try and sort things out and talk about what Aquarius just told me. He continued to himself.