Arts fest Day 3

The 3rd day and the last day of Arts fest, John was part of the refreshments team. He still wanted to be around the literature events venue but instead was assigned this task. So once in 3 intervals he can go to the venue and arrange proper refreshments in each venue. He went to the hall he managed for 2 days, there is Shine Tom standing there all gloomy saying these events are boring as hell. He asked whether he can exchange the duty and stand there for the rest of the day. But suddenly he noted Sarah was not there in the venue. It was painting, sketching and some other events infact. Suddenly when Shine said Yes, John said goodbye and left the scene knowing he would be stuck in boredom. But why he is too bothered about Sarah? Why he is so fond of her? Is it just the name or is it something else, John wondered.

Passing through the Library hall with a bottle of water, he noted Sarah sitting inside the library hall and reading some book. She was sitting alone and there were some other seniors in other corner. John went inside and approached her.

"Heyy, Champion! No events today?"

"No John, nothing today. I am all done for the season. Infact I am a basketball player but didn't get a chance to play this year. Hopefully I will make it to the team next year."

" That's good Sarah! You are a confident girl and you excel in all events you participate."

"I have seen you for both days John, you were coordinating well and why don't you participate in any events?"

John thought to just say a Hi and leave but there is a conversation happening between them now. If some seniors spot them together, then that's enough for them to start making stories. And he was in midst of his refreshment duty as well.

John then replied " I write poems and Short stories but not good enough to participate and win prizes like you."

"See that's where you lack confidence John. It's all about participating. Maybe you should read this book" she recommended the book she was reading, 'Believe In Yourself '.

All this happened so quickly that for a moment John forgot his tasks as he is supposed to be elsewhere.
She smiled at him and asked " Can you pass me the water bottle? I am so thirsty. You are in charge of refreshments right. The can in library is empty don't u see?" She taunted him.

"Oh since this is not a venue for events, I am not in charge of this place. You talk too much for a 1st year girl. U looked shy initially but you speak too much" John made a sharp look.

Sarah panicked and told him that she was like this in school and its difficult to be a different person now and said sorry too.

John laughed and said " Buddy I was just kidding. Don't get serious, we will surely catchup after the arts fest. Be the same and don't change. Here's the water for you Champion. Haha"

Suddenly a senior came and called John urgently, he left the library and forgot to get his bottle also from Sarah

Suddenly a senior came and called John urgently, he left the library and forgot to get his bottle also from Sarah. Then he was busy with his duties and activities and the final results. Sarah's house had lifted the cup this time and everyone congratulated the Senate also in coordinating the event well organized.

Everyone is back to college hassles, ragging and exams. John met Sarah a couple of times during lunch break and mostly he just smiled and said Hi. She said Hi. No more conversation. Both were busy with their friends and now John started questioning 'What if? What if the Sarah destined for him is this one? Maybe since God had this in his plan all along.'
He again went into his dreamworld.