Yet Another New Year Eve

John's dad was discharged after a couple of weeks. He was paralyzed and is bed ridden now. Again it was a Christmas eve. 2020 a year which shook the planet. Changed the way humans see each other. It had changed John a lot. He had gone for spiritual lessons and sessions to cleanse his mind and body. He felt reborn and accepted whatever life throws at him. He started trusting destiny once again. What was meant to come will definitely come, what was meant to stay will definitely stay.

He texted Sarah in WhatsApp
"Merry Christmas Champion, Its John Electronics 2015 batch"
No response. No reply.
The next day morning he saw a text
He opened and it read
"Merry Christmas "

That's it. No sarcastic reply. Maybe she got serious and didn't want me to contact further. Or she would have replied with 'How are you?' atleast. It was the words which he whispered himself, not the actual words spoken. It has always been his thoughts. His inner self speaking to him and not her words. He decided to text her once more on the eve of New Year.

" Happy 2021 Sarah, May this year be filled with love, joy and abundance. Happy New Year."

Waiting.. waiting.. waiting..
No response till 12 in the midnight. He texted her again back to back.

"Did I do anything wrong?"
"I am Sorry. Sorry for leaving you. Sorry for not contacting you. "
"Please respond Champion, I missed you."

Beep beep. One message received.

"Apology accepted. Happy New Year "

He was filled with happiness, atleast she accepted his apology and responded. He was happy. He didn't trouble her again. He slept peacefully. A whole new year 2021 which filled hope in billions of people started on a positive note for John.

 A whole new year 2021 which filled hope in billions of people started on a positive note for John