2012-Apocalypse

Step 1, John wanted to be in a relationship. When the 2nd year class started, there was a boys only gettogether in hostel. It was 1:2 proportion of boys to girls. So they decided one guy can pick 2 girls. So crazy a thought put forward by Sam to already eliminate the couples who were committed in 1st year itself so that some guys can get to pick 3 each. John was not much interested with this plan and he decided to pick one at random. It was all just for fun because of the 2012 plans. John knew this is also part of his destiny, so let all people take their options from their crush and some at random. The remaining names were put on lot and 12 guys remained and 23 girls. So John decided to take the last lot after the other 11 guys pick 2 each. Now its John's turn, the last one. He need not pick it since it's the last one. So Sam opened it up and called her name out 'Serah Mariam'. There were no religious or racial discrimination in the process, so it was just random.

John said, "I have not even spoke to this girl in a year after the first week of joining. How can I even approach her now?"
He shared his concern with Sam and asked whether she is RC or LC. Well he was just curious but ended up surprised to know that she was a Muslim. John though to himself that he has never seen this girl in hijab and thought her to be a Christian. So if this is what destiny is, then John need not worry and just start talking to her. Serah, she was an introvert. A book worm and especially she was an art lover. She wrote in most of her spare time. Someone saw her drawing beautiful pictures and once the whole class had an exhibition of her drawings and caricatures. That was the last time John remember speaking to her and his words were "You have a great talent Mariam!"

She was indeed awesome. He started noticing her daily. And one day he summoned his courage and approached her. She was shy and a silent girl. When John told her that he was observing her for a while and is starting to fall for her, Serah was awestruck and her 1st reaction to John was not so welcoming. She replied, "We have not spoken much in the last year and we don't know each other well. So this is not going to work out and I am not that type of a girl". John had his answer prepared expecting that Serah would react like this.
"So is it okay if we get to know each other more and start being friends. Then we will see how it proceeds later." The usual cliche dialogue, he got it from some movie perhaps. Again the response was not positive. She walked off saying No.
John had already made his mind, if this is what destiny has written for him then he was gonna seek it no matter what. He was determined to go back with a proposal one day. He appeared wherever she went. Almost like a shadow he followed her. Slowly she started smiling at him and one day she even shouted at him for following her. It was a mixed response altogether.

But the December break of 2012, almost around the predicted time of apocalypse, the college closed for vacation. Almost 20 days of no John following her had made Serah start to feel for him. John too missed her cute smile. Somehow John managed to get her contact details and sent her Merry Christmas. No response. Again on New year Eve, he texted her 'Wishing you a Happy New Year, Maybe God didn't end the world this year because he wanted us to live more years together. I miss you Serah'.

Beep beep. Text message from Serah.
John opened the message
'I miss you too, Happy New year'

It was a moment John was overwhelmed with joy and love and all the emotions. He was jumping in his room thinking that in fact God would have spared the world for them. And yeah the world didn't end all of a sudden in 2012 but for John the world as he knew it ended in 2012 and a new one started which is filled with his love for Serah Mariam.
♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️