2012-Freshers Day

Well, 2012 was not a normal year for all humans. It was predicted to be the end of it all. The apocalypse and the end of the world only because of some calendar which ended in 2012. But what really happened was a great movie 2012 getting released.

The college commenced after Christmas break and everything went on normal until the hostel ragging started to get out of hands. The seniors started collecting eatables and snacks which the freshers brought from home. Then money, dress, gadgets one by one they started taking. Everything was completely tolerated since they believed it would be returned after freshers day. But when seniors started using force and started beating all those who didn't cooperate, things were really going worse. Some guys got stripped even. So a group of students including John reported this to hostel warden who is an ex St Thomas student and an Asst Professor in Electonics Department. He warned the seniors and didn't take any action. Instead he told the juniors not to report anything to parents.

Well John had already told his parents about the ragging incident and his dad told to enjoy these moments of hostel life which you can cherish later. John wondered whether he would cherish the memory of getting slapped and being looted. Anyways they all had to wait till the freshers day to get a redemption.

Meanwhile in college things started speeding up and the 1st semester is over by now. The second semester was more fun since he was used to the college atmosphere and with his bunch of friends like Sam and other day scholars, he started exploring more of the city around. They went to beaches, malls, multiplex and restaurants on weekends to spent time but again getting caught by seniors sometimes.

Now the day finally arrived, The Freshers Day. It was one unforgettable day in their life since they got the chance to settle all grudges with all of their seniors once and for all to become friends from the day on. It was one hell of an experience with good food and wine as well. There was a cultural event where everyone has to spend atleast 5 minutes showcasing some talents. Well being a guy from Kodungallur, John was expected to sing the famous Bharani song (Song with abusive words). And he did. That went really well since the seniors enjoyed it to the core. But for John it was just being part of the community and he forgot the song and didn't use any of those abusive language later.

Then the 1st year exam was around the corner. John, Sam and Arun despite being backbenchers were not so bad in academics. They did combined study and prepared well for all exams and did well. Then went on with their term vacation before the 2nd year and with new friends among seniors John stayed back in hostel for a week to bond more with his senior friends who were still having their classes and exams.

The discussions were about the 2012 ending of the world and everyone were mostly worried of dying single. That cracked up John a bit. He started questioning,
"What if? What if the world were to end in 2012? Am I going to die single?"
John thought for a moment. Anyways he was a strong believer in Christ so he was waiting for the second coming of his Christ Jesus and the armageddon. He wasn't afraid but he was planning to get prepared. But Jesus was not planning on his return on 2012 it seems, its not time yet probably.

 But Jesus was not planning on his return on 2012 it seems, its not time yet probably