21 | Death To Primes: Part 1

Echo, Miller, Gaia, and I hid behind the counter in the tavern after we had escaped. I was injected with some kind of sedative, which is what knocked me out. Thankfully, I had woken up and was now listening to the people in the tavern converse. One voice I recognized to be Priya's.

"What is taking so long?" Priya asked, a bit irritated. "This should've been delivered to the palace already... Oh, my favorite."

"Are you sure you don't want a Jo Berry pie?" A man asked. I recognized his voice as Delilah's father.

Priya spoke, slightly disgusted. "I hate Jo Berry pie."

"It was Delilah's favorite."

"Try these," I heard B.A. say, "fresh out of the oven."

After a few seconds of silence, Priya spoke. "You've done Delilah proud."

Just then, the sound of the door opening caught my attention, and then I heard Clarke's voice, causing my eyebrows to furrow. "Priya. I've been looking all over for you."

How is she here right now? I thought Bellamy was taking her to Gabriel? I watched him take her into the woods.

"Josie. I heard you had quite the adventure," Priya spoke, causing my face to fall. Josie? Does that mean Gabriel didn't save her? Is Bellamy okay? Is he dead?

"You have no idea, and I'll tell you all about it, but first I need your help with something in the machine shop."

Priya seemed confused as she spoke. "What did Ryker do now?"

"More like what didn't he do," Clarke, or Josephine, or whoever it is said. "Dad asked him to wipe two of the prisoners, but he's completely lost his nerve. It's embarrassing. He's never wanted to face the reality of our situation."

I exchanged looks with my friends as Priya spoke. That's not actually true; Echo had killed Ryker after Gaia and Miller freed us. Echo had told me what happened. "Let's go."

I shook my head, causing the three to look at me. "We can't let them leave."

With that, I shot up and hopped over the counter with a grunt, pouncing on one of the guards. I knocked him to the floor, breaking a table in the process. People around us screamed and shouted as I wrestled with the guard. Echo, Gaia, and Miller followed suit.

I punched the guard in the face, knocking him unconscious. Just then, I heard a shout and when I looked up, I saw B.A. had hit a guard, knocking him out.

"Josephine, come on," Priya shouted as she ran to the door. I looked to see Josephine's arm shoot out, causing Priya to run into it, falling to the floor with a groan.

I immediately felt a smile tug at my lips. That's not Josephine, that's Clarke. The girl looked at me as I stood from my crouched position, walking toward her

"Clarke," I gaped, pulling the girl into a hug. "Ryker didn't lose his nerve, he lost his life."

I pulled away from the hug as the girl turned to Miller, hugging him. After that, she turned to Gaia and Echo, hugging each of them.

"Have you seen Madi?" Gaia asked, causing the blonde girl's face to fall but she nodded. Uh, oh. That must not be good. "How-- how are you here?"

"Look, I'll explain later," the girl said. "First, we need to lower the shield."

A wave of relief washed over me when I thought about Bellamy being out there. "Bellamy's out there?"

The girl nodded, turning to me. "With the cavalry... I'll get Priya to help me take down the reactor, and then we go after Madi."