18 | Josephine Prime

Magsimula sa umpisa

"When the transport ship lands, we'll be waiting in the field with Josephine. Once we're all back on the mothership, Abby, Raven, and Jackson will go to work," Bellamy continued.

I turned to Miller as he spoke. "What if they don't open the shield and let us out?"

"If they don't, Josephine dies," I said sternly.

"That's why they will."

"What about Delilah?" I heard Jordan ask to my right, causing me to purse my lips. "If Clarke's still alive, then she could be, too... You only care about Clarke."

Bellamy looked at the boy, shaking his head. "That's not true, but worry about Clarke for now. We start asking questions and the Primes figure out why--"

"They can't figure it out if they're dead," Madi interrupted, causing me to look at her confused. Madi looked at Bellamy. "Once we kill the Primes, we take over Sanctum. We save Clarke here in the lab that was built for it."

I narrowed my eyes slightly as I shook my head. "Madi, as much as I want revenge for what they've done, mass murder isn't the way to go."

"Is that your idea or Sheidheda's?" Bellamy asked warily. A past commander, the dark commander has an influence over Madi and it's kind of concerning. Madi's already banished Gaia and she's unpredictable.

Madi gave the man a look. "Who cares if it works? I've been surveilling the one named Miranda. We kill her and let them find the body. They'll think it's the Children of Gabriel and panic, locking themselves inside the palace, probably the great hall, and that's where we'll be waiting to take out the rest."

I looked at Jordan as he shook his head. "We're not killing Delilah."

Madi gave the boy a look. "Delilah's already dead."

"We don't know that for sure."

"You're right, but what we do know is that I'm the commander," Madi spat. No one said anything for a moment before Madi turned to Echo. "Echo thinks it's a good plan, don't you, spy?"

Echo seemed a bit hurt by it but hid it with a humored smile as she spoke. "A Little aggressive for the situation, but it could work if we were willing to kill all of their people along with them when they come after us for killing their Gods."

The young girl let out a sigh, seeming to be thinking before she spoke once again. "We are."

Bellamy immediately shook his head. "No, we're not. Gaia would tell you the same thing if she was here. We have until the ship lands to come up with a quiet way to get Clarke on it."

"What about Murphy and Emori?" Jackson suddenly asked.

"For now, we tell them nothing."

"Emori, too?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

Bellamy nodded. "We have to assume that she's with him. Don't worry. When it's time to go, we're taking them with us, even if we have to do it by force."

°°°

I watched curiously as Emori and Bellamy interacted. Emori asked for one of the shock collars but didn't say why. After a minute or two of speaking, the pair turned and walked toward us, causing me to stand.

"I take it it's go time?" I asked causing Bellamy to nod.

"Yeah. We need a plan to get Clarke now, something other than killing them. Where the hell's Madi?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked around the tavern to see Madi was gone. I let out a small groan of annoyance.

°°°