Promises That Are Kept||34

I'm sorry for not updating this week despite having a full week off, I must admit I enjoyed the week off away from stress and relieved it by drawing and reading also watching. I revised for my Chem test that's next week and my RE test. I think that 2 or 3 more three chapters this book will be completed. 

3rd P.O.V

His hands were shaking and both of them knew it, their pinkies were connected, but despite the small physical connection Y/n knew he was trembling. She decided she had to initiate the holding hands because she knew he wanted to. It was more of like Y/n making up to Atsumu rather than Atsumu making it up to Y/n. Atsumu was always surprised by little things such as when Y/n wiped the chocolate ice cream beside his mouth which he jolted in surprise, he was rather blush-y than usual, Y/n couldn't help but chuckle.

"You're way too nervous Tsum." His cheeks turned scarlet of the nickname she called him, his ears bursted. He held both of your hands and held them tight as if he wasn't going to let go.

"OI! DON'T YA GO CALLING ME "Tsum" YER GON' MAKE ME ALL BLUSH-Y!" He yelled out making you giggle. The tips of his ears turned red hearing the giggle of the female, he was delighted. Like in heaven he was, he could hear it for years but not even complain.

She pulled him into a hug. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she cried. Her eyes buried into his shoulders, she bit her lip harshly trying not to break. His hand unconsciously patted her head while his other hand hugged her back. "I forgot to keep our promise. I'm sorry I lied saying I'd never hurt myself again." Atsumu just looked at her not knowing what to say.

"Don't be like that, I broke our promise so many times, where was I when you were hurting. Where was I when you were on your knees. Where was I when you seeker for comfort. Where was I to hug while you buried your eyes to your pillow, soaking it. Where was I when you truly needed me." Atsumu knew his mistakes, he knew how he left her broken, wounds unclosed. Scars he left, the blood that dripped from her skin as she sliced her flesh open. He knows the pain he had left to her, despite him knowing it he was never truly there. He used to not care when she was hurting, but he always asked why was she there always despite how tiny the pain was she was there.

"If you're gonna say sorry for only that promise you've broke, how many times should I then? A billion? I broke too many of our promises but you stayed knowing I will barely keep it. You knew everything from the moment I looked on somebody else's eyes but you stayed." Her (e/c) looked up at him, their eyes meeting once again. Her baby hair gently flowed against the wind, she could see the moon in his eyes. His eyes glistened from the moonlight, his tears rolled down his cheeks. He muttered sorry at her ears so many times, she was left astounded.

"I love you still." Y/n muttered in a tone she knew he would not hear. Her hands that clawed at his back slowly released from his skin, her hand slightly trembled, she didn't want to let go.

'I want to scream I love you to you but only for me to realise I might not even see tomorrow.' She hugged him again but tighter. 'I want to love you and live with you but that's too selfish of me because I want you to see the bright sun that shines in the morning, I want you to see the starry sky I want you to see the rain, I want you to see the moonlight, I want you to live to live another day; for that to happen one must sacrifice.' She broke down in front because she knew dark reality of a promise she had kept. She knew the path she had to go to, if it was the path that risk less the lives of others then that's the choice.

'Even if it means to die, I'll protect you because that's how much I love you.'

He did not know what she had been thinking, she was unreadable. She smiled sadly at his shoulder, and bit her bottom lip again to stop herself from crying any further. He felt his heart pumping adrenaline. He caressed her head making her look up to him, he gave a soft smile. He lifted her chin up and kissed her. His soft lips that connected to hers that gave him pure bliss.

So what? So what if she dated Oikawa not too long ago because everyone knows that a true love only exists between two people that truly exist between people who loved each other truly. True love can exist with a person's love for someone else but a true love that exist between two people is something better than the heavens above. It existed between them. A love at its fullest form.

She knew the reality, that this maybe their last kiss, their last touch, their last hug. This might even be her last day.

"Please don't go." She felt guilty at his words that pierced right through her. She didn't want to let go either. She didn't want her life to go this way, she didn't want it to end today. She didn't want to be buried under the ground in such young age. She knew he meant something else but the sentence broke her in to pieces. She had no choice but to be the sacrificial lamb for this to go through properly.

Because she promised, she promised to protect them even if costs her life.

She released the hug and gave him a smile. Her teary eyes that shined. "Get home now, I wouldn't want anything bad happen to you, wait a sec." She opened the front door of her house with her keys and slightly yelled. "Akaya-san please take Atsumu home." The body guard was quick to follow her orders. Akaya was hesitant to go but followed her.

"さようなら" Sa-yō-na-ra the syllables sounded like they were slightly separated, the time went slow went Atsumu heard those words. He could hear his heart beat, his breathing became harsh when he heard those words that rolled off her mouth in such a sweet manner. He could feel his mind going crazy, 'Just what did she mean?' he tried to connect the puzzles, his mind couldn't function properly.

Y/n stepped inside the house, walking into her death, her home her very own hell. She just entered the trap, she fully knew it was there but act like it wasn't. She fell to their trap for them to fall under hers.

And thus the white roses stained itself with crimson blood.