Back Home||13

Time flew by fast, it was already the last day of the training camp that Atsumu longed for months. Japan schools have 40days of summer break meaning they already have 3weeks and 5days left. A week before school will be the day where the team's numbers will be announced.

The three managers and the coaches have decided the new captain. (I just realised that I only mentioned coach Tarou and have not included coach Kurosu.)

The Inarizaki team had improved in a fast pace, Y/n had noticed a tiny improvement by Atsumu's serve when he hears noises he still manages to get a clean serve but what worried Y/n was that the whole of Inarizaki volleyball team was popular. It was only a tiny noise yet Atsumu gets agitated, there will be new fans of him not knowing of this habit which will the team have some trouble with.

Atsumu was off for the whole last week of the training camp, which was only visible to Y/n,Osamu, Kita and Suna however it did not stop him from playing volleyball well. Y/n felt like jealousy emitted from Atsumu but she didn't know why, but she knew a reason, a reason that made her chuckle and say, "dream on."

"Y/n-chan take care of yourself. Don't overwork yourself and eat properly." Oikawa said as he caressed Y/n's head.

"Y/n-san visit us if you can." Takeru said to her sister like, the boy saw her as a second mother or a sister which warmed Y/n's heart.

"I will." She says as she kisses the boy's forehead.

"Y/n-chan kiss me too." Oikawa said making an irk mark appear on Atsumu's forehead.

Atsumu had deep hatred for Oikawa but he must say he is a great setter.

"No." She said making the brown haired boy pout.

"C'mon Y/n." Atsumu said as he dragged Y/n towards the bus.

"Are you alright Atsumu-san? You've been acting quite strange these past few days. " Y/n asked the blond. Atsumu just noticed he was holding Y/n's hand and turns red, he pulled his hand away when realisation struck him.

"Yeah am fine. Don't cha worry." He chuckled nervously only to make her suspicion grow but she shrugs it off respecting the man's privacy.

"If you need anything just tell me, I'll be there." Y/n said in a concerned tone.

Atsumu began to remember those words every time he was sad. He remembered how he leaned on Y/n's shoulder when he needed her. He remembered how he cried at Y/n's shoulder when he has his mental breakdowns. He remembered how Y/n was always there when he needed someone, she was always there even at times where he didn't need her. She was always there, she was always willing to be a shoulder to be leaned on.

Atsumu felt an arrow of guilt hitting him when he didn't even know Y/n was hurting deep inside and not knowing what to do. He wasn't there when she needed him. She managed to save herself, she was her own hero.

"Tsumu ya 'ave been spacing a lot these days ya know." Osamu informed his twin about his odd behaviour.

"Why do you care?" Atsumu replies harshly causing the twin to grip his neck tightly. 

"You f-" Kita then entered the scene making the twins stop fighting.

Everyone from Inarizaki entered the bus and left. As they drove away the hands of the other teams waved except for Sakusa. Bokuto was jumping up and down while waving and was stopped by Akaashi.

And thus the chaotic bus drove off back to Hyōgo.