22

Junaid's POV

She reminded me so much of that person, that person who always made me laugh and happy.

And who is that? She asked.

My twin. I answered calmly.

OMG! Are you are twin? She asked shockingly as I just kept mute.

She kept asking me questions as she freaked out.
Does he look like you? Are you two identical? You know... I have identical twins as roommates too, such beauties Ma Sha Allah💕. So tell me, is he also in this school??? Tell me now please..... He must be so cute I bet. She concluded.

I just kept on smiling as I listened to her go on.
Such a cutie... She looks so cute when she is rambling words. I thought with my subconscious.
What?!! Astagfirullah (I seek forgiveness from Allah) I spat out with my mind as I decided to answer all her pending questions.

Keep it down sis, I don't have a twin who is my lookalike and in this school okay.

But...but you just said you were a twin. She asked in a baffled manner.

Yes, I am. I mean I was, no I am. I answered in a more confusing manner.

Please speak in English. She sighed which made us both chuckle.

Okay fine,
I had a twin sister, but she is late. I said sadly.

"Innalilahi wahina Ilahi Raji'un" (From Allah we come and to him we shall return) She called out loudly as I also assisted her in completing it.

What happened? She queried with a sad face.

A car accident. I plainly answered.

Awwww how sad you must have felt. She consoled with her words.

Hmmmm not really sad, We were little when it happened. 5 years old then I guess. I added.

Plus, She died alongside my mum. They were out on a journey to my Grandparents at Jos, and that was when we got the disheartening phone call.
So sad. I concluded.

I am so sorry about that. You know, my mum always said to Sublicate for the dead (reciting reliving surahs like Ikhlas, Yasin) saying it is "sadaqatul jariyah". I looked at her in amazement as I gestured with my hand for her to continue.

Sadaqatul Jariyah is a gift that not only benefits us in this life but also benefits us and our loved ones in the next. Hadith of the prophet (sallalahu Alaiyhi wasalam) narrated by Muslim says
"When a person dies, all their deeds end except three: a continuing charity, beneficial knowledge, and a child who prays for them"
Don't mind me, I have also been doing researches. She concluded with a smile.

Ma sha Allah Aa'yat, I am so proud of you. I always do whenever I remember them. We both paused as we muttered some verses.

Ameen. we both choroused as we smiled.

What was her name? She asked calmly.

Junaida. I smiled back.

What is it's meaning? She queried.

It was gotten from Junaid meaning fighter, Soldier, warrior.
So Junaid for a male and Junaida for a female. I answered.

Waw Ma Sha Allah💕 such a nice name. I love it. She smiled happily.

Thank you ma'am. Your name is so beautiful too you know right. "Aa'yat". I assured with a smile.

Yes, verses right? She rolled her eyes.