Chapter-15 "Confusion"

I sighed as I kept the phone down and rested my back on the headboard of the bed, as I processed the things in my mind. But, no matter how much I tried, I failed to make any sense out of my theories.

'What if I'm Robbin and Andrea's son?; but then who is Meldy/Christy?'

But then I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone vibrated, a notification popped up, I tapped it and saw Alex's message.

Alex-
Hey, where are you?

Me-
I will be there in 5 mins

Alex-
Okay

Seen

I closed my phone before checking the time, it was already 1:10 so, I picked my favorite black hoodie, my phone, and my wallet just in case of emergency though his house was walking-distance from mine. But, I can't trust my mood and my laziness, it is hard to get a taxi at this hour but, who knows?.

After making sure that mom is asleep, I quickly went to the storeroom which was on the ground floor, and jumped from the window. The weather was chilly outside so I hugged my hoodie tighter against the bitter cold.

I made my way through the dark alleyway but just then, I jumped in surprise as my phone rang. Quickly, I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Shay, where are you?"

"Alex, I'm coming, just wait for one more minute"

"Ok, bye" he groaned before he bid me goodbye.

"Such an impatient kid" I mumbled as I shook my head playfully.

After what it felt like an hour, I finally spotted a dark figure standing under a streetlight with a purple hood covering his face. I waved at him and he waved back as he approached me.

"Finally" he sighed "now tell me what you wanted to talk about?"

"Yeah" I started "look, when I first met Robbin, he told me that he is my father, although I'm not sure about it, and you remember when Christy told me that she is Meldy and how she faked her sister's existence and death?" I spoke as we wandered on the dark road.

"Yeah, so, what about that?" He asked.

"Today, I 'accidentally' met Robbin and he threatened me with a gun not to talk to Christy and mom saw me and surprisingly she didn't do anything about it and went home like she did not just saw her son almost getting murdered and asked me questions which, I just came up with a random thought that would make a nice excuse so, I told her that I think there are some similarities between Andrea and Meldy and..."

"And?"

"Well, they are sisters I guess, she told me that...... I just guessed it first, and then she confirmed it by saying Meldy, Christy & she were sister's soo I asked her who is my father then...."

"Then?"

"Then she told me to go to my room and sleep," I said with a look of disbelief as if it was all unreal.

"Shay rather it's you dumb or your so-called mom is dumb," he said with a smirk in an amusing tone.

"Alex get to the point don't embarrass me like this" I whined like a child.

"Shay why you always listen to your mom like a lost puppy. Whatever she says you just listen to it like a good boy like c'mon come to your senses don't you think your mom is kind of sus I mean, first of all, she leaves you like that to Robbin as if he's your long lost best friend and then easily answers to your questions and that Robbin easily spares you like that don't you think if he wanted you dead he would have killed you right away on the spot no one was there to witness it, just think about it, he spared you because he wanted something from you or either you would come in handy for him in future." He said In an obvious tone while shrugging.

I think I just lost my last brain cells because I was dumb to not see that, now I seem like an idiot in front of him. I just lowered my gaze as I was embarrassed.

"Shay I know how you feel, I mean the person you trusted the most for your whole life seems like that, and don't feel embarrassed or dumb because you couldn't understand things, obviously she is your mother how can you see her that way but, I can and don't lose hope maybe there is a reason she is acting like that," he said with a concerned look.

"Thank you, Alex, but what should we do next?" I asked him with a questioning gaze.

He thought for a while then answered me that made me smile.

"We should talk to Mr. Phil, I know he resigned but tomorrow we have school so, we can just go to the reception and ask about his address and phone number because he seemed as if he knows a lot of things but is scared so, we can convince him. What do you say?" He shrugged.

"that's a good idea, how are you so smart my boy," I said playfully.

"Well I am not you're just dumb to understand it stupid boy" he smirked while shamelessly checking me out.

"Rubbish" I mumbled underneath my breath as I looked down because I was embarrassed.

"Ok, now get lost, tomorrow's school and we need to wake up at 7 it's already 2:20," I said

"I think you should go because we're outside my house only or you wanna sleepover" he smirked again and now I was beyond embarrassed first, I was dumb and now, this.

Without turning back I just went from there towards my home and I knew he was still smirking like a psychopath at my embarrassed state. 'I will take my revenge Alex, you just see'.

I slowly went inside my home after 5 minutes of walk from Alex's house. I just went to bed directly without changing anything because now I was very tired and after one or two minutes I was in a deep sleep.

I woke up at 6:55 without my alarm and 5 minutes early that's an achievement but still, I was very tired and I didn't t want to go to school but I have to because of Mr.Phil so, without wasting my time I just stood up and did my morning routine and got dressed in my usual attire.

We all met at our same spot and yes, I did not eat breakfast because I just didn't felt like eating.

I don't know it's just me or Mike was giving me strange looks I think he is still angry with me. When Alex came he also looked tired like me and we talked about anything and everything that is stupid.

---

I and Alex were at reception for Mr. Phil's information that we have gotten by a silly excuse we made about how we are his students and we had something for him that we need to give to him so, the receptionist gave us the information we wanted.