Chapter 7-"Class"

I impatiently tapped my leg on the ground as we waited for Jeremy to come.

"He's gonna take a year or so just to get ready!" Alex said, getting slightly irritated

"No, he's not taking a year for getting ready, he's just taking a year to put his clothes on, his makeup is still left, which is gonna take three more years!" Mike said rolling his eyes, honestly, he sounded like a fool.

"Chill guys, he will be here soon, we still have time before today's lessons starts," Anna said dreamily glancing at her books.

"She's right," I said, still, my mind wandering on yesterday's incident

After what if felt like a 'year' or so, Jeremy finally came out of his house with his hair all ruffled up and he wore a red sweatshirt with denim jeans in which he looked dashing, ok, not THAT dashing...

"Ah, my boy is finally done with his makeup, now he can bow down to greet his fangirls," Mike said in a mocking tone.

"Shut up Mike" Jeremy snapped while the rest of them only giggled.

"Ok, let's go, I'm not in a mood to stay back at school"

"Yeah, Alex's right, let's go, all this sarcasm can wait Mike" Anna snapped before Mike could even utter a word.

---

After our classes and thousands of warnings from Mr. Phil to pay attention, I finally started to pack my bag, determined to leave the class as soon as possible, but before I could proceed, I heard someone calling me.

"Too eager to leave Mr. Collins?" I abruptly turned and saw Mr. Phil behind me.

"Sorry sir" my face, washed from embarrassment as everyone glared at me.

"Detention for you," he smirked

As the bell rang, everyone started to leave, and slowly, the whole classroom got empty except for me, Mr. Phil, and surprisingly, Anna.

"Mrs. Creed, won't you like to go home?" Mr. Phil asked in amusement.

"No, sir, can I please stay back with him, I think I can help him with his homework?" Anna winked at me.

"Sorry Mrs. Creed, but I fear that you can't do so"

"Ooh, it's ok sir" and with one last worried glance at me, she left.

"Ok, now there's something I would like to talk to you about Mr. Collins," he said kindly looking at me.

"Yes, sir..." I mused

"What happened to you? You don't look quite well today"

"I'm fine.."

"Listen, boy, if you are comfortable, you can tell me what happened, maybe, I can help you" he was concerned about me.

"It's actually about Christy" I gave up, as it was getting impossible for me to hold myself up.

"Um, Christy Anshley is it?" he mused, I weakly nodded my head and then spoke

"Yesterday, she met me and told me something unusual"

"May I know why are you indulging with that Anshley girl?" he asked, with disgust on his face. I told him what exactly happened yesterday.

Flashback-

She yanked me into the dark street

"Listen, you boy!" She said as she leaned closer to me that my back now touched the wall. I didn't reply to her so she continued.

"You know about the Meldy case and that yesterday was the day she was murdered," she said and then wiped her 'invisible' tears.

"Yes, " I replied and She came even closer to me that our nose was touching each other.

"Then you have to know this," she said as she tilted my head and whispered-

"I'm Meldy" I came to halt at those words, but then, I was reminded of her disorder so I shrugged it off

"I'm Meldy Crew, the one and only daughter of the Crews, in fact, she never existed, I faked My own sister's existence and death" she laughed as she spoke.

"But-- why?" I squeaked as the words barely left my throat

"Because of Robbin, " she whispered, I raised a brow so she continued.

"Robbin is My husband, that is 'Meldy's' husband, I changed my name as Meldy and married him, but later, he tried to kill me" I let out a small gasp as she spoke, this was so confusing.

"Can you please tell things in detail, I can't understand, " I spoke, but before she could even utter a word, something hit me on my head and the next day, I woke in my house, mom told me that I got dehydrated but I know that there is something fishy about the whole matter

I saw the color drained from Mr. Phil's face as he heard the whole matter, after 2-3 minutes, he spoke.

"Look, I don't know how I can help you in this matter but all I can say is that stay away from Christy, she is the wrong slot" he shook his head in disgust at the name.

"But sir--" I tried to retort but was cut off.

"Robbin was one of my best friends back then, and all I know is that he is a great man, even though, our friendship didn't last long...." he stopped as he realized what he just spoke.

"Friends?" I asked.

"N--no more questions, you can go, " he stuttered as he spoke.

"But sir--"

"OUT!!" he yelled. So, I quickly yanked my bag and hung it on my shoulder, and left the class. My house was empty as usual as I walked inside.

This was strange, Christy somehow sounded sensible, it didn't look like that she lied, but still, how she changed her appearance? , why did Robbin want to kill her? And is that even the truth? I wanted to meet her, but I was too tired to do so, I wanted to refresh myself.

I made some food for myself and sat on the couch as I impatiently changed the channels on the television until I found an appropriate one. But as I was watching, the phone rang.

"Hello?" I lazily spoke as I picked the call.

"Hi Shay, Anna here" suddenly, my mood lifted a bit as she spoke.

"Sorry I failed to help you today, um..... Are you ok? , I-- I mean, do you need any help with the homework thing?" she spoke nervously.

"No, it's ok Anna, I'm fine, thanks for asking" I replied.

"Glad to hear that, " she spoke with full enthusiasm.

"Hey, I was wondering that can we all meet today?"

"Sure!; I'll call everyone, but where to meet?"

"How about the garden in front of my house?"

"Sure!, see you there!"

"Bye," I hung up. Honestly, there is something about this girl, she always manages to cheer me up. I thought to myself as I closed the television and headed outside.