But on opening of the text, I realised that it was from an unknown number. Damn it, Niall.

Hey Louis :]
Zayn x

Whoa! What’s with the ‘x’ hmm? Boys don’t just do that to their (barely even) friends. I suddenly found myself searching my head for a reply.
How about ‘hello’? You dumbass.

Hello Zayn :L
Louis x

I put an ‘x’ just because he put an ‘x’. I’m sure all these ex’s are meant in the friendliest manor, anyhow.
Texting Zayn was already giving me a distraction from my thoughts of a certain blonde Irish man, which was just what I need at the moment.

(Zayn’s POV)

I read the reply text from Louis and felt my body fizzle noticing the ‘x’ on the end of his name. It had been a total whim putting one on my text, wondering if he would have noticed, and clearly he did. It probably meant nothing to him, but meant a lot to me. Just as I was trying to calm myself down I received another text from him.

House is free, sisters and mum at dentist till half 6. Are you busy?
Louis x

AM I BUSY? NOOO! And even if I was I would clear my schedule for him any day.

Nope, I’m free
Zayn x

Brilliant :D would you like to come over and study?
Louis x

 Sure, I’ll be there in 10
Zayn x

(Nialls POV)

I sat down on Josh’s couch and tried to ignore the feeling that I was somehow, cheating on Louis, by being here, for a tutoring session, he said that Eleanor and him weren’t dating. So why was I here? Why did I feel the need to get out of Louis’ way? Because I knew that deep down, all I wanted was for Louis to be happy, and if Eleanor made him happy, I was willing to step out of the way and let they get on with their relationship.

The niggling in the back of my head wouldn’t stop telling me that I was making a mistake, that I shouldn’t let Eleanor take Louis away from me, especially when the fact that she was going around kissing other people. Louis deserves better, so much better; even better than me.

“So what part of maths do you need help with?” josh asked sitting down on the couch, next to me. It felt weird to be asked that question because Louis just knew, he knew what I needed help with, and he paid attention in class and would constantly look down at my work, almost like making a mental note of what we would need to revise that night.
I really didn’t want to seem stupid, because that’s what I felt when people in my lesson’s found out that I couldn’t do maths like they could, Louis understood me, he understood that I  wasn’t as smart as other people and he had the patience to help me over and over again.

“Algebra?” I chose. It was something that I already kind of new but it would mean that I could grasp what he was trying to get at in the end.
“Okay then” he said going to get his math book quickly from his school bag.  He started to gabber on about ‘x’ and ‘y’ and combining ‘like terms’ and I tried to keep up with what he was saying but it was so complicated. I just nodded along though I had no idea what he was going on about.

“The value of x is 8 and your simplifying ‘4x-3+2x-7’ which is ‘4x+-3+2x+-7’” he said looking over his sheet, what the hell is he talking about? “now we reorder it, ‘-3+-7+4x+2x’ after that we have to combine like terms which is ‘-3+-7=-10’ which makes the equation look like ‘-10+4x+2x’ then we combine like terms again but with the x numbers ‘4x+2x=6x’ so that makes the equation look like ‘6x-10’ now we have to solve ‘6x-10’ so to do this you have to work out what ‘6x’is, which is ‘48’ then you do ’48-10’ which equals ‘38’so that mean the that ‘4x-3+2x-7=38’”

What the hell was he trying to tell me? Oh my god. That was like the biggest amount of unintelligible set of words and numbers I have ever come across. I just nodded when he looked up at me with a smile.
“Here, you do one now” he said passing me a piece of paper and a pen. He set me off on this question and I looked down at it confused.

“Find the answer to this equation if the value of x=4:

7x-5+2x+7”

Okay Niall, you can do this. Gather the carrots together, 9x-5+7 okay... okay... umm... nope, I have no idea what I’m doing. This is so hard; I miss Louis. This doesn’t make sense. 
Come on Niall, you have this. You can do it! Remember the next step! Bank balance!
Okay, so -5 from my empty bank, okay, now add 7.... 2, now is it in debt to the bank? No. So it will look like...

“9x+2”

I wrote down on the sheet.
 Now, 9x, that’s 9 x 4 which equals 36? Okay, 36+2 equals...38! Yeah buddy!
I wrote it down on the sheet and passed it to josh.
“Done” I said smiling. He looked at me in surprise and looked down at the equation.
“Well done!” he said impressed.
“Thanks” I said blushing slightly, I’d never really been praised for my work before, except from Louis, and I really felt like I’d done myself proud. If only Louis was here.

(Louis POV)

“Oh yeah!” he said smiling at me, “so gravitational potential energy is the energy that you have before you let it go from a height?”
“Yes!” I said smiling, “then it changes to kinetic energy.”  There was knock at the door and we stopped and looked over to see Phoebe, Daisy and Fizzy standing there smiling nervously.
“Hey guys,” I said smiling.
“Where’s Niall?” Fizzy said smiling as she entered the room, the twins, Daisy and Phoebe following close behind.
“I don’t tutor him anymore,” I said sadly.
“Why?” she said pouting.
“Because he found someone else,” I said, pulling daisy onto my lap. Daisy and Phoebe where growing so fast, it was hard to believe they were 8 years old. They seemed so young; they still had baby faces and acted like 5 year olds.

(Zayn’s POV)

We were interrupted by Louis’ sisters, and although I was slightly agitated by the interruption, I couldn’t deny these kids were cute as hell.
“You draw?” said a little girly voice nearby, I turned my attention to see one of the twins holding my sketch book that she’d found in my bag.
“Yeah” I said awkwardly.
“who’s this?” she said as she brought it over to me, and pointed to a drawing I’d done of Louis, from memory of the way he looked in my history class. I felt so awkward I pulled the book lightly out of her hands and closed it.
“Just someone I saw one time” I said winking at her.
“Can I see?” Louis said scooting closer with one of his sisters on his lap.
“It’s... kind of” I said awkwardly, “personal” I stated.
“Oh...” he said sadly.

“Louis!” squealed a voice from the door. I looked over to see yet another one of Louis’ sisters. She stopped when she saw me. She looked questioningly, but shrugged it off and walked into the room. “Look! I got braces! Finally!” she said smiling wide to show them off.
“Oh lovely” he said with a chuckle. I looked over at the clock noticing the time; I think I should wrap this up.
“I should be getting home,” I said sadly.
“Oh yeah, of course, I’ll walk you to the door,” Louis said smiling at me.

(Louis’s POV)

I placed Daisy on the bed and walked with Zayn to the door, and just before I opened the door I looked over to Zayn.
“Well this was nice?” I said smiling, “I’m sorry my sisters ruined it by barging in my room.” I apologised.  He put his backpack on his back in one swift motion and smiled at me.
“It was nice yeah,” he said, “and don’t worry about it, It was nice while it lasted” he let out a chuckle and with that I turned to open the door, stopping in my tracks when I noticed a blonde with his hand raised mid air. Niall.

Fan, Comment, Vote, whatever you fancy :0) x