🍋Joey x Reader🍋

Alright! This request is for @opxhism ! Thank you for making this request! I hope you enjoy it.😁💖

No song this time cause I was listening to piano music to help me focus.😅 Please note the 🍋 before reading! 😉

Xxx

Just One LookXXX

Just One Look
XXX

Nothing would get in the way this time. Tonight, Yugi was determine that the unsuspecting parties would meet and whatever destiny held for them would unravel on its own. Yugi didn't think himself as a match-maker, but something in his gut told him that he had to get his best friend of five years to meet a person Yugi had only known for one month. Yugi met Y/N at a gaming convention that Industrial Illusions held for upcoming game developers.

He kept bumping into her while playing game demos, looking at merch, and attending panels. They ran into each other so many times the first day of the convention that Yugi asked her if she wanted to have dinner with him at a local Burger World. She accepted and at the end of the evening Yugi made a new friend. Which was strange because Y/N was everything he liked in a girl, but something kept whispering in his mind, not for you, not for you. He got to know her better over the next three days and the words kept repeating in his mind.

"Fine! I get it!" Yugi shouted at himself late at night. "I like Y/N as a friend but why do I care who she is with?"

Because you know who would be perfect for her, the voice answered him, and a vision hit him so clearly that he sat up in bed. "Joey!" He shouted out loud and the pieces of a plan began to fall into place.

Yugi looked around the street nervously till he saw a tall blonde man wave cheerfully at him. Yugi sighed as he waved back. Joey was late, but at least he showed up this time. Y/N was already inside sitting at the bar sipping at a drink with no expectation for the person Yugi wanted her to meet. "Sorry Yugi," Joey said sheepishly. "My job wouldn't let me off on time."

"That's okay," Yugi said grabbing onto his arm before something happened to prevent the meeting. "She's inside waiting!"

"Woah Yugi, you didn't say your friend was a "she"." Joey grinned down at his short friend, who flushed at the accusation. "Are you trying to set me up or something?"

Yugi huffed and yanked harder at Joey's arm. "I just want you to meet her, okay! Now hurry up!" Joey held back a laugh since the only time he had seen Yugi so determine about something was while he was playing a game. He walked into the small night club with Yugi leading him through the crowd. Live music pulsed in their ears, and Yugi had to carefully work his way around the packed club.

Joey began to wonder why Yugi would have him meet a girl in such a crowded place. After knowing Yugi for years, Joey knew that a place like this wasn't his scene, so maybe he did it to get the girl to come. Did she even know that Yugi wanted to introduce him to her. Joey began to feel uneasy about the whole situation when the bar finally came into view. To Joey's relief and Yugi's despair, no one sat at the bar.