Epilogue

The Isthmus was blooming. All across the thin strip of land, flowers sprouted from the ground and came to vibrant life. As if they were celebrating the victory and the peace that would follow.

A land so soaked in blood was now covered in flowers, in life. Three proud cities stood there. Within each dwelled people of every nation and every race: humans from Calore and Lysandria, valkyries from Miras and elves from Asriel. Cities that promised peace, built upon a land of war to never allow those who lived to forget the price of division.

Calore had now been created from the Southern State and the Midlands, with Nala the prime minister. The United States of Asriel were formed, led by Layla, who along with Myra and Kestra had begun the long work of rebuilding their own countries.

And now they had gathered to watch the impossible bloom of the land so-long soaked with the blood of countless wars.

They gathered together as old friends, a silver band adorning Myra's finger. A promise of a life she and Jasper would get to spend together. Layla and Kestra stood wearing crowns of silver, burdens they had chosen to embrace at last. Nala stood strong and unbreakable, the daughter of her enemy bedecked in finery beside her.

A few gaps were visible in their ranks, sticking out like sore thumbs: Talia, Rose and Aaron, two lost forever and one having turned his back on them.

But for now, they were happy. For now, they celebrated what they had won, not what had been lost on the way. After centuries of war, they had finally found their way to peace.

Together they turned to the sunset, looking out at the world to come.