| ۝ |

spiraling winds,
dangerous waters.

it's been a few hours since the guards left your secluded chamber, it felt so empty without all the people you used to be with.

"princess, would you like something to eat?" you heard your attendant say, "you've been spacing out since your guard left for the war.." she worriedly added.

"i'm alright," you said with a faint smile, "i'll eat in awhile, do prepare me some (favorite kind of tea) though."

"yes, princess." she said as she bowed and quickly left your chambers.

'something feels off' you thought to yourself. you paced around the room and felt a cold shiver around your back.

you hurriedly glided across the window to sight the gates

in shock, you saw a few arrows scattered around the grounds, "huh.. why is the gate.. open.." you slowly mumbled as you backed away.

dazed and distracted, you heard a loud clash of cutlery fall down. clutching your dress, you sat back down to your desk.

"they had some guts to come invade my chambers as soon as my guards left." you mouthed as you tried your best to keep composure.

you didn't dare go out your room, but the screams slowly crept up the whole place.

loud footsteps were approaching the room as you stayed there with your eyes glued to the door.

"i know you're out there." you sternly mouthed.

"release my subjects." you said once more as you suddenly heard loud laughter.

"brave. just like your father." a big scarred man said as he blast opened your door.

"i was expecting you to be begging for your life by now." he said, "i can kill you with a single hand. why don't you bow and beg now, little princess." he said as he continued to laugh.

you recognized his voice, the scar, and everything about his stance.

an old ally now waging war.

"didn't you learn from that scar?" you asked while pointing to his left eye.

"don't be too cocky, little princess."

"you don't want to end up like the empress." he chuckled.

"nonsense, sir."

"i would never beg nor bow down to the likes of you." you said as you gave him a smile. 

| akaashi |

"halt.." i said as i examined the grounds

"sir, what seems to be the problem?" a fellow guard asked me as i quickly faced him.

"there are footsteps on the way to the princess's chambers." i said as it alarmed the other knights.

"sire! there's more back here! they seemed to take a route not that visible to the main road!" a knight yelled out as i quickly turned around.

"we're going back to the princess!" i yelled, rather worried.

"NOW!"

as i yelled the order, all the horses gathered up and ran back to the chambers.

the wind blew hard as i felt a shiver down my spine.

staring into the space where we further run, all i had in my mind was the princess..

worried, afraid.. i hope you're safe.. please be alright..

tangled encounters, under dangerous waters.

• × •

a/n: happy holidays :))