| - |

"you feel like someone.. i'd protect."

"i want to remember you."

you deeply sighed as you recalled the events you encountered with akaashi the last time you saw each other. it's been around 3 days since you haven't seen each other, just thinking about it made your face heat up in embarrassment.

"(first name)? are you doing alright?" yuki asked as she saw you staring at the doors of the gym.

"won't you come inside?" she asked and gave you a smile.

"oh, im coming. i spaced out, im sorry." you mouthed as you started to follow her inside.

"no need to apologize," she said as you both continued your way in.

"(first name)!" you heard a loud cheery voice yell out from the other side of the court.

you saw an excited owl making his way towards you and yuki, flailing his arms like a kid who got to play outside after being grounded.

"what is it bokuto?" you asked as yuki gave you a signal that she'll be going ahead, you slightly bowed to bid her good bye.

"a friend of ours from nekoma invited us to go sight the first full moon of the year!" bokuto excitedly told you.

"and?" you asked him

"akaashi and i would be going! would you like to see the moon with us?" he said as he was jumping up and down. he looked rather cute.

"i could never say no to my senior." you chuckled.

"you're making me sound old, (first name)!" he replied, "but you are." you said and gave a laugh.

the day went on normally, practice got held until quite late as they were preparing for a friendly match with nekoma the next two days. seeing bokuto and akaashi so well versed into practice, you couldn't help but admire how good looking they were.

in your mind, all you can think of was

'akaashi somehow looked liked the moon..' the light in the dark, the calm in the pitch black surrounding.

time went on quite fast, yet your eyes were glued to the setter, and no matter how tired he was.

he looked bright.

after helping to clean up the gym, the other managers bid their farewell. everyone was starting to go home.

you pondered about it as you sat by the near bench outside the gym. 'the first full moon.. oddly captivating..'

as more thoughts lingered by your head, you didn't notice akaashi sat next to you.

"you look like you're in deep thought." he said as you looked at him.

he was staring at the sky, gazing at the moon.

"i was just admiring the moon." you said as you also gazed up.

"the moon looks beautiful tonight." he said and gave you a smile, "don't you think so?" he asked.

you felt like you heard it before.

the sight of his smile along with the moon, "its pretty." you mouthed.

"ill accompany you to the bus stop," he said.

"no need." you told him as you were embarrassed that he'd go out of his way.

"i'm headed there too." he said as he pointed to the direction on where you'll be going.

"i'll accompany you."

there he goes again. being the light in the dark.

• × •