| ۝ |

×

"it didn't feel right.."

"to leave you all alone.."

akaashi's voice echoed all over your head. yet what ven did today was the official declaration of war.

"the emperor needs to be notified about this attack." you told your guard.

"i've already sent a few men to run over the palace. we need to escort you there as quickly as possible too, princess." he explained quickly

as you both reach the garden, more of ven's men swarmed through the entrance— causing them to surround the both of you.

akaashi covering you like a human shield incase of any attacks occur, "please don't leave my side." he said as he prepared to take charge.

"keiji."

"yes, princess." he quickly said as he kept his guard up high.

"give me your sword."

"w-what?"

"i said. give me your sword!" you suddenly yelled out and quickly took it from his hand. shock took over his facial expression, but recovered quickly enough to assist you with the bow.

not thinking through, you immediately charged towards the armed men, slicing them cold until a few remains. akaashi shot them with his impeccable aim. arrows where flying out, directly hitting them with a bulls eye.

slowly finishing off the fight, trying your best to concentrate on getting out of the chamber, a loud piercing sound was heard all over the land.

the deaths horn.

upon hearing that shivers went down your spine, everything started to get cloudy. you knew that sound from a distant memory. akaashi started to notice you lose your balance.

loud footsteps were then heard from the inside of the room, 'ven must've recovered' you thought heavily. 

as your worries grew, akaashi quickly tended you to keep you grounded. much overwhelming emotions were now in this presence as soon as he mouthed "princess, more royal guards will be approaching here soon. please take a run for it now."

| third pov  |

"what are you saying?" the princess suddenly yelled.

"you have to return to the palace, my princess." he said once more, with those words, the loud piercing horn was heard all over the place for the 2nd time.

"the crown prince will be waiting for you at the end of the pathway from this chamber." akaashi explained, "please never leave your weapon."

"please don't let your guard down."

"why aren't you coming with me?" the princess asked as she tugged his sleeve.

"we don't have much more time, princess. please." 

"my men are at the gate," he bitterly smiled as he kneeled down and kissed your hand, "long live the empress."

she looked at him at awe. "don't smile bitterly like that." the princess commanded. akaashi then gave her a smile she ought wont ever forget. not in this lifetime. or in any lifetime.

 the princess' royal guard watched her run over the other side as the same went for him, running back inside the chamber hall.

and like the wind that gushed hardly-- they parted against their tides.

as the duties they need to do, are far quite different.

death is a despicable event

×

× end of part 1 × part 2 will be published tomorrow ×