| ۝ |

..15 years later..

| (first name) |

"mommy!" two young children run over to you,

"mai, how many times do i have to tell you, we have to call her empress!" your older son, koe said.

your daughter hurriedly bowed and said, "i apologize.. greetings empress of the empire. may the sun give you eternal wisdom."

"greetings empress of the empire, may the gods be favorable of you." your son followed

you smiled at the both them and said, "your greetings has been acknowledge. what brings my lovely children out in the garden?"

"mommy— err... empress! i just finished learning etiquette with big brother koe today!" she cheerfully said

"yes, and so far mai did exceptionally well, empress." koe said and gave his little sister a head pat.

"no need to be so formal around me koe, you may call me mother as you please." you chuckled as your small daughter suddenly jumped around.

"so mommy.. its almost that time of the year again!" mai said,

'ah.. already?' you thought to yourself.

"i asked the palace florist to gather up the nicest bouquet of baby breaths they could offer us." koe said as he smiled at you.

it was that time of the year again.

keiji's death.

every year on this day, you and the emperor would take a walk on the meadow keiji snuck you out off years ago.

it was to pay respect towards the man who saved your life.

"can we come along this year?" koe asked you.

"of course." you smiled at them.

"hooray! we're gonna have a family trip! i can't wait to tell daddy!" mai said as she was running in circles,

"mai.. that isn't very princess like of you," koe anxiously said as you laughed at the both of them

"my dear son, you very much remind me of your father. he was always anxiously picking on me for not being very lady like when we were younger."

"glad to know i already resemble the emperor." koe chuckled.

this was quite a lovely sight to see.

but the pain never stops lingering whenever that date approaches..

× × ×

"so how are you feeling?" kuroo asked you as he held your hand.

it was already that time of the year again.

"...the same" you replied,

"well today, we have our kids coming along, i hope they help brighten your day." kuroo smiled at you