| - |

be careful of
what you wish for

| third pov |

"my tummy really hurts." bokuto whined to kenma.

"well you ate 3 parfaits non-stop, why are you surprised?" kenma snorted

"there are no regrets to good food!" the owl like boy exclaimed and as he went towards the counter.

"that would be ¥1000." the cashier told them as he was busy looking at the news.

"let's head back to the park, kenma." bokuto told his friend.

"wait." the cashier stopped the both of them in their tracks.

"are you heading to the park near furukodani?" he asked the two men.

"we are!"

"we're going to see the eclipse!" bokuto joyfully said.

"i wouldn't do that if i were you. the news said there's a serial killer on the loose. theyre said to be in that park. its best to not risk being in danger." the cashier said as bokuto's smile instantly fell to the ground.

"kenma.. we have to call akaashi and kuroo!" bokuto said in panic, the blond was obviously in shambles as well when be heard the news,

"i'm trying to call them now." kenma said trying to keep calm

"call akaashi too," kenma said as he kept dialing kuroo's phone number.

"ah, why isn't he answering the call.." kenma mumbled.

"any luck on your side?" the blond asked bokuto

"akaashi and (first name) aren't answering their phones either.." bokuto dejectedly said, "i think we should go get them and drag them home." bokuto once again said and took kenma's hand, fleeing towards the park, trying to find their friends.

×

| (first name) |

×

everything spiraled down so heavily as memories suddenly flashed within your mind.

the way you looked at keiji like he was changing into someone you didn't know yet.. felt so right to be with.

he was constantly changing in your memories, making it seemed altered and distorted.

"akaashi.." you mumbled out.

"empress?" a very familiar voice lingered from behind

all it took was one word, but the flash of memories from the past all came back like you knew every bit of it from the start.

"emperor?" you blurted out like it wasn't really you were talking. but as soon as you were supposed to face the other way, a weird light whispered to your ear

"don't turn your back if you want to see your guard again. this chance i gave you is not one to come by again."

your feet were frozen to were they originally were, until a hand reached out to yours

"..wait.. princess.. is that you?" keiji said with his eyes wide opened

from this reunion, it didn't feel like the both of you were the same..

it was definitely the empress and his guard speaking right this moment, slowly taking over

| third pov |

"keiji..?" the empress said as she placed her hands on keiji's face

"is it.. is it really you?" shallow tears were starting to form from her eyes.

"..you look beautiful.. just like how i've always remembered." the guard said and bitterly smiled

"you saw.. i mean.. you saw me betray you." he started speaking out, unable to keep his head high

"i apologize for the things i did.. when i vouched my life for you."

"you were the light i had during my darkest days.. princess.. and i betrayed you.." keiji kept talking and talking as tears were slowly running down from his cheeks.

"and one of the saddest truths i've ever realized during my days with you was.."

"falling madly in love with what could never be.." akaashi said with his head down,

"keiji.." the empress mouthed,

"i have forgiven you from the mistakes you didn't get that chance to apologize before.."

"without you.. the empire wouldn't be as marvelous as i thought it would be."

"you.. were all the wonderful things in my world.." the empress assured him as she cuffed his face with both her palms.

"you've done more than enough for me in our last lifetime.." the empress quietly told akaashi, as he pulled her into a hug

just like before.

"quite the reunion, empress!" tsukiyomi exclaimed as she appeared out of thin air with threads of golden light flashing before their eyes.

"like i've said before.. your desperation led you here.." she said as she lingered around (first name)

"and you shall pay the price accordingly, empress."

"do you remember our deal?" tsukiyomi whispered within her ears as continuous red broken strings fell from their surroundings.

"i.."

"..i do"

×

rel: last few chaps ehe