| ۝ |

| third pov |

as akaashi runs back inside the chambers, a few of his men stayed aside with him as they were fending the princess as she escapes.

"how about the others?" akaashi asked the guards.

"they're all following the princess, sir." they responded.

heavy footsteps were then heard by the end of the hall. "don't put your guard down." akaashi said.

"not even for a second."

"well well well, if it isn't the princess's head guard." a voice suddenly came from the back.

"general ven." akaashi said as he faced him

"your aim has gotten a lot better." ven said as akaashi's men were heavily on guard, confused.

"go wait by the gate." akaashi then told his men.

"but sir!"

"that's an order." akaashi said as the remaining men beside him hurriedly walked out.

"general. what are you doing?" akaashi yelled in anger

akaashi trailed his eyes on ven as he urged him to go inside the princess's room.

"would you like to negotiate,"

"my nephew?"

akaashi clenched his fist as he mouthed, "you broke off our deal."

| (first name) |

"how much more do we have to run?" you said as you were running as much as you can to reach the main road.

you had to return to the imperial palace at once.. the death's horn that blew twice meant..

"princess, take a left and we'll be there, the crown prince of the northern empire will be escorting you back ti the palace." one of your guards said.

'the crown prince..' you thought. there is no doubt that the western empire and the northern empire has been together through hundreds of years, but to lead a war all by yourself.. it was a relief to have their hand in war.

the sun burned unbelievably bright, as you saw the prince's shining raven locks. a horse white as snow beside him as well.

"greetings, princess of the empire. may the gods be favorable of you." the prince greeted you, "i am the crown prince of the northern empire, kuroo tetsurou." he smiled at you

kuroo tetsurou was the neighboring prince who used to study with you about politics and how governing works.

and yet destiny really does toy with people. for you to meet once more in war.

"greetings, prince tetsurou. may the gods be favorable of you." you replied back as he offered his hand.

"we meet again, i see." you said as you took his hand,

"in such an unfavorable event too, my princess." he said as he was hesitating to break the news.

you saw it in his face, the way he couldn't look at you directly after saying his greetings.

"i know." you said as he helped you get on the horse.

"no need to be so formal when its just the two of us, tetsu."

"customs requires us to be formal, princess." he replied, "about the emperor.."

"i know, i already know." you told him as you sighed.

the emperor was already dead.

the horn that blew when the empress died still resonates with pain. the familiar sound broke it off you again..

but in time of war, one cannot be weak. one cannot crumble.

as the horse was going as fast as it could, tetsuro tried to bring up the conversation needed for later.

"you'll need to step up to the throne as soon as we set foot in the imperial palace, (first name)."

thoughts were heavy and man power was needed, sooner or later you'd have to make a painful choice.

"(first name).." the prince called you out.

"shall we form an alliance?"

"what do you mean?"

"it speaks for itself." he said as the horse stopped infront of the palace gates.

you knew too well what he actually meant. yet your thoughts were clouded of how your guards in the chambers are, how akaashi was doing, or how ven was moving and how its affecting the empire.

"you have to make a choice, princess."

"for your people."

"as soon as we cross this gate, you'll be the empress in needing of an emperor."

"so what do you say?" he asked as he held your hand.

'not many people will help an empire at war.. nobles will start to flee as soon as i dont get this over at my control..' you thought to yourself.

"tetsu."

"ill take on your offer." you said as you held his hand. "please take me as your empress."

obligation requires the greatest
sacrifice

×