| - |

"just like before"

these words kept echoing in your head as she suddenly walked away from where you were standing.

"..a gift?" you mumbled out

"what gift? is it your birthday?" you heard your class president say as she suddenly popped out from behind you

"huh? oh no, i was just.. mumbling, haha" you said as you faked your laugh

"you're weird today, (first name). but hey, it's almost time to close the café. can you check on the students from class 6?"

"oh of course,"

"great, let them sign the attendance  while you're at it." your class president said and gave you a pat on the shoulder.

you looked at the attendance sheet handed to you and you see his name on the very top of the list.

aakashi keiji

"what happened earlier.." you quietly mumbled as you made your way to the other side of the room.

"excuse me?" you said as all the students from class 6 turned to look at you.

"here's the attendance sheet, i was told to get your signatures."

"thanks, (last name)-san." class 6 representative said as he took the list from you.

"i'll be waiting outside!" you said as you gave a small smile.

you walked out the room and let out a big sigh. "what gift was she saying? ugh."

"(last name)-san?" you heard a mellow voice call

"is there something bothering you?" he asked rather concerned

"oh." you said as you turned to him

"akaashi, are you feeling alright?" you asked him as he took out a handkerchief.

"why are you.. crying..?" he suddenly said as he handed you his hanky.

'i was crying..?' you thought to yourself as you did feel liquid out of your eyes.

a flash of gold and a bright red line suddenly entangled all over the place.

"this feels familiar.." you said as you wiped your tears.

"what is?" he questioned

"..we've met before.. we really did.." you said as you stared right in his eyes.

a red string suddenly appeared on the tip of his finger

"did you see that..?" you hurriedly asked him

"..see what?"

red strings — faithful encounters

• × •