| ۝ |

a loud pierce of rain on the beginning of the war

he had to go. you knew he had to sooner or later.

"are you nervous?" you heard your guard say as he was watching you pace around the room.

you looked at him with furrowed brows, "why do you have to go?" you asked.

"it is my duty to protect you.. and our nation, my princess." he subtly smiled at you while standing in place.

the hard gush of rain echoed all over the place, but no matter how loud of a sound they made, it didn't matter.

you stopped pacing back and forth and stood in front of your guard, "..alive" you whispered.

"you need to come back alive."

"this is an order." you sternly told him.

"i will watch you become an empress, my princess. i will surely come back alive." he said as he tucked his katana in the back of his uniform.

your worry still flooded your senses as you looked over his feet.

the gaze in his eyes had something greater to say— but left unsaid.

all he ever manage to blurt out at that exact moment, "and so as i must, my princess."

"i bid you my temporary farewell." akaashi said as he bowed his head

you placed over your hand and gave him a blessing, "may you be safe in this war,"

he gave you a look you ought might never forget— not in this lifetime, or in any lifetime.

you watched him and his men march towards the gates without taking a single look back.

forward, and oh so ever forward.

the rain still echoed

yet no matter how loudly the rain pierced,

silence won over.

the beginning of the great war; the presence of loud silence.