Epilogue

"Where are we going?" I whine, straining my eyes to try to see through the blindfold tied around my head

"Where are we going?" I whine, straining my eyes to try to see through the blindfold tied around my head. All I get are small specks of light filtering in through the dark fabric, but I can't make out anything in front of me as the car winds down some roads.

A low laugh rumbles from beside me. "We'll be there soon."

I huff, slumping back into my seat as more anticipation builds in my chest. We've been driving for what seems like forever, making me even more anxious. "Alex, we have to be back to the arena before three," I remind him sternly.

"I know, baby." I hear the smile in his voice, and I know he finds my agony amusing. I'm not the biggest fan of surprises, they only make me nervous, and how he convinced me to get inside a car blindfolded with him is still a surprise to me. "We'll get back on time," he assures me.

"You better hope so," I mumble.

"Or what? My manager will kick my ass?" I already know there's a smug smile on his face.

"Something like that."

"Yeah, she's a total hard ass sometimes," he teases, and I blindly reach over the center counsel, playfully smacking his arm and chest, whatever I can hit. "I'm kidding. I'm kidding!" he laughs, grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together. He presses a kiss to the back of my hand before resting our conjoined hands on my thigh as he continues to drive. "She's pretty great."

I huff out a laugh, rolling my eyes behind my blindfold, even though he can't see them.

It's currently almost two years after Alex dropped Chris as his manager. Since then Alex kept true to his word, taking some much needed time off to focus on himself for a while. On us. He took a full year off, away from the spotlight, and sought out professional help. We both did. For nearly a year we both focused solely on ourselves, going to therapy as a couple and as individuals to work on our issues. After all Chris put us through and our prior family troubles, we realized that we needed help in order for us to work.

Once we worked out our issues—Alex learning how to cope with the loss of his father and the pressures of fame in a healthy way, and me learning to be more confident and sure of myself despite what others may think, while we both learned how to trust each other again and work past the previous wedge that was forced on our relationship because of Chris—we became better than ever. 

When Alex was ready, he stepped back into the studio to produce his next album. While he took a step back from the spotlight for over a year, he never truly stopped working. As a song writer, Alex does best expressing himself through lyrics, and it's often I would find him with a pen and paper during that time off.

Now, months after the release of that album, we're back out on the road for his tour that's just started and it's going amazing. Honestly, I was beyond skeptical when Alex said he wanted to go back out on the road again. He hasn't been on a tour since Chris forced me to leave—his last tour cancelled after he fired Chris and decided to take some much needed time off—but deep down I knew he was ready and eager to get back out on that stage and travel the world.