Chapter 7

Sorry for the late update, I've had a lot on with school and everything :)

Aelin

I ran. There was no other way. It wasn't that I lied to them, no I didn't care about that, what I did care about, is that they had seen my strongest fighting style, and I would not put it past them to be able to get past my guard now. There was also the factor that I had no doubts that each and every one of them could fight well. I could hear that they were following me, so I went into the freshly snowed forest, 'to the great unknown', is what Fenrys would say. Then Rowan would definitely shoot back, 'it's only unknown to you, boyo, I've been everywhere!' I missed all of them so much, I would even take Lorcan right now. Hearing the flap of wings near, I picked up my pace and didn't stop for another hour.

Feyre

We were really stupid. This female falls from the sky, seconds after Rhys and I feel an immense amount of power, and we all just dismissed it. Celaena was running as fae, faster than fae should but it was obvious that she wasn't the same as us.

Where is she going? I asked down the bond.

She seems to be trying to try and lose us, but she's going south fast, so fast that we're almost at the day court. He replied. The day court? We were further away than I expected.

"Az!" I called, he was instantly flying at my side. "See if you can find her, don't confront her but find her." Rhysand and I winnowed to the day court, knowing Mor was already there. We got to the front gates of Helion's manor. It was smaller than Tamlin's, though no less extravagant. Gold rimmed everything, painted white, it made all the gold pop more. The sentries stopped us, wanting to know what business we had. We tried forcing our way in but that didn't work. We were about to scream for Helion when he and Mor came out. 

"Let them in," Helion ordered. He led us into his manor. We walk through his halls until we get to what I presume to be the drawing room.

"So Mor tells me that you have lost a very dangerous prisoner, and she is coming, or has already come into my lands?" He said with a hint of a smile, but I could see the worry behind his eyes. Worry for his people.

"To put it bluntly, yes," Rhysand supplied. "So basically we're asking you if you will let us get the Illyrians to find her in your lands." Helion did an amazing job of taking his time considering, and I knew that he knew that we were on edge.

"You know, maybe it's time for me to take a crack at her," he said, mirth dancing behind his eyes.

"Potentially. So can we let the Illyrians in?" Rhys asked tightly.

"Fine, but if my soldiers find her first... well, finders keepers." The high lord of day said.

"Deal," Mor and I say collectively. I just want to get this over with.

-

"How the fuck can she evade us and everyone else this well?'" I say, mainly to myself. Cassian has been flying near me for five minutes but we've been searching for 2 hours. The general tsks me.

"Fey-Fey, you're only what, 19?" He says mischievously, knowing full well I was older than that. "Who taught you to have such a filthy mouth?" I give him a little shove, which proved more difficult than I anticipated, seeing as we both had wings.

"First off, I'm 21, and you know that since as a late birthday present, you got me 21 decorative daggers to hang up everywhere" I start but he mumbles something that sounded like,

"Yeah and I'm over 500." I shove him a little more.

"That's beside the point! And second, you're the one who swears all the time, and even if you didn't, I haven't lived under a rock all my life!" He only chuckles, but he trails off. I find where he's looking and see a woman in a red cloak walking down the street. I would usually brush this off but two things make me look closer. The first thing is I recognised that style and the fabric. It came from Velaris, and the second thing is the woman's hair was exactly the same as Celaena's. I look to Cassian who had a grave look on his face.

Go pick her up, literally, and bring her to me and I'll winnow us back home. I say into his mind with my Daemati powers. He nods. Expertly quietly, he drops down, grabs Celaena by her waist and starts flying back up. Celaena is thrashing and screaming for Cas to let her down. Obviously having figured the shared weakness throughout the Illyrian population, she starts going for his wings, but he's not having any of it. Without warning, Cassian hits her in just the right spot, and she's out cold.

"Did you really have to do that?" I ask.

"Yup." and I winnow is back to the night court. 

-

Cassian said that he would 'escort our guest to her esteemed quarters', which was really the dungeons. I winnowed, again, back to the day court.

"Helion!" I call out. He turns and promptly walks towards me.

"Our friend is a slippery one isn't she." He says. I just smile

"Call off your soldiers, we've got her."" His face only falters for a second.

"Fine, but if you can't do it, I get her." I nod once and winnow away to Velaris. Rhys, Mor and Azriel were already there, because I told Rhys down our bond.

"Right, I'm going in there." My mate says. He walks in and over his shoulder, Celaena is smiling.

Aelin

A rookie mistake is what gave me away. I was so insistant that they didn't see my face, I completely forgot about how noticeable my hair is. Lysandra, Evangeline, even Lorcan have told me how they would all be able to spot me and Aedion from a mile away because of our hair.

"So," Rhysand says, stalking through the door, shutting it behind him. "Where-" I cut him off.

"Sir, high lord, whatever your title is I don't care, but don't you think that the darkness that seeps off your shoulders is a bit much in an already dark room is a bit much? Like, I can barely see it, even with fae sight." I say obnoxiously. After I say that, he looks confused, then he is fuming. However many times I tell myself not to, I have grown to trust these people.

"You have one more chance to tell me what we want to know before we torture it out of you." I flinched visibly.

"I haven't been completely honest with you," I say.

"Well no shit," he mumbles.

"One of my many names is Celaena Sardothian,  but thats not the name I regularly go by." I take a breath in, then push one out. "My real name is Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galathyniyus, Queen of Terrasen."